Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dman2pt
  • 2 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Squad age

Squad age

Squad age-untitled.jpg
    This is my squad. I'm planning on selling both 26 y. olds, all 3 24 y. olds (they are also low quality, prime bench warmers) and replacing them with 18-23 y. olds. Just wanted to ask is it a right thing to do? Is it better to have some experienced players or can I just go with all youngsters and it won't affect my team's performance at all?
    Last edited by Gintaras Račas; 06-20-2014 at 03:28 PM.

is good to have experienced players in the team ... it is true that sometimes experienced along very advanced way

Selling players just because of the age is a stupid thing to do.

You can sell a player because he dont perform good, because he get to many injurys, because His quality is to low, but just because of age i cant understand.

The only diference between a old guy and a young is the training speed and even that it is not 100% True! because there are other factors that afects training speed besides age.
    Gintaras Račas likes this.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    Selling players just because of the age is a stupid thing to do.

You can sell a player because he dont perform good, because he get to many injurys, because His quality is to low, but just because of age i cant understand.

The only diference between a old guy and a young is the training speed and even that it is not 100% True! because there are other factors that afects training speed besides age.
    Oh sorry, I didn't specify, those old guys are also lowest quality players on team

I usually have a mix, seldom have a entire squad of 22,cause who would for example need a second golie as i realised its the only position i never now 9 level had s injury there so i deal with about 18 player my player usually 18 to 25 my starters nd the rest can be till 32 as without injury i hope not to need them long term, i wouldn't let a 32 play all season cause tired soon,but as subs with good quality 30 to 33 is ok works for me

I've got 2 x 31 yo wandering around at the lower depths of my squad. They hardly ever play now but can be relied on to perform at 7 or 8 level in one-off appearances. They lag behind the overall quality of my squad but don't each much.

Apart from them my squad is 24 or below. But if I need someone in quick I'll go for older because its less of a risk cash-wise and they usually have a good history to check.

I think building a young team is a good idea but its easier to get young duds (that need development and time) than older duds (that can't develop much). If ofc you're only picking up young Nordgens then thats a different matter.

But, tbh, I'm still putting together a team to do the job that day (and that I can experiment with skill points) rather than building a team to go for multiple seasons.

Thanks for replys but what I'm asking for is not whether to keep or sell older players. I'm asking is it ok to have a really young squad without any experienced players? Just yes/no and why you think so.

yes. For My Stephanie has a good young squad if you want to go take a look.

It is okay... You don't need to have old players,only sometimes they can be found at very good quality and bought for a few tokens...

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation