Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By matteume
  • 1 Post By Potemy

Thread: Old server vs. New server

Rookie

Old server vs. New server

Could someone please explain the difference

An experienced user like July or Potemy can answer this one in more detail but I think it has something to do with why some people have high level cups and others don't... High level cups linking to old servers due to less people being at higher levels from teams getting deleted, whereas new servers have lots of new people starting so low level cups are more frequent.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Rookie
    thx for the quick reply!
    what about tm?

Apprentice
    Old servers have xxx high ranked players therefore it is more difficult to get cup...new servers have lot of new teams...it is very hard to beat ~60-90 skill team, with ~42-46 strength team...did not hapened to me. or 33 vs 56-65...new servers are better for cup trophy...my experience

I just came to the conclusion that I will probably never win the cup, I'm level 3 and on an old server facing level 24 players.. So when I'm level 24 they're probably just gonna be level 40 -ish.
    Pojacanje likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by matteume View Post
    I just came to the conclusion that I will probably never win the cup, I'm level 3 and on an old server facing level 24 players.. So when I'm level 24 they're probably just gonna be level 40 -ish.
    Same story here...level 7 vs level 15-18...

Quote Originally Posted by matteume View Post
    I was in that position up until level 5. Never got past the qualifying stage. But since I made level 6, I've become one of the ceeded players, which seems to make things easier. I am virtually guaranteed to play against lower level opposition up until the knock-out stage, at least. In season 6, I made the semi-final, and last season I got to the final. So don't give up hope.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

You cannot classify them into 'old' and 'new' servers, it is a gradual thing that the server ages. The older your server when you start, the further you will be behind the top teams. The only con will be that you will face much better teams in the Cup, so it will be hard for you to win it, you can see my best record is still only Top 16 after 15 seasons. Other than that, it's a really smooth ride, plenty of 5* players at the lower leagues so you can take your pick.

Newer servers are just the opposite. If you are near the top, you will win the Cup easily, but 5* players will be hard to come by, and there will be huge bidding wars whenever one pops up.
    dimdim1 likes this.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post

Newer servers are just the opposite. If you are near the top, you will win the Cup easily, but 5* players will be hard to come by, and there will be huge bidding wars whenever one pops up.

i think with my small experience its the key to the game what potemy wrote.
    And also how u can play this game..No need to buy tokens in a new server..With 3-4 decent players every season u can almost win all your cups u play.

Good server means no cup for ever,and with 20-30 more tokens than the usual 35 that the game gives u ,easy CL and league winners

I'm on an older server, I think. When I was level 3, I played a level 17 Cup. I don't buy tokens, operate on 35T a season from the sponsor, plus any extras I can pick up from referrals or free offers. I play with a full 5* squad every season, and my results can be seen in my signature.

If you're on a newer server, you'd definitely lose out to token buyers. A bit of power training and he'd have by far the best players on the server.

dimdim, those 3-4 decent players will not be easy to buy on a newer server, there will be huge bidding wars.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15