Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Professional fouls

Rookie

Professional fouls

Had a tremendous start to my new league season with three red cards in the opening game (normal tackling too). On the plus side, I got my bully achievement (YESSSSSSSSSS!!!). On the downside, apart from losing the game two of my players were sent off for professional fouls (handball in the penalty area, then a professional foul when a guy was clean through on goal). Both of them copped automatic two match bans.

My question is this - why do you get a two match ban for a non-violent foul? I'm not aware of any RL competition where the player receives anything beyond a single match ban. Seems like I'm getting a bit of a double whammy being without two of my best players for situations I could do nothing about

Yah TopEleven suspends ur player for 2 matches if u get red card and 1 game if u get 2 yellow cards on same player in different matches of the same competition. Also 2 yellow cards in the same competition equals red so u get 2 matches penalty.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

The rule in top eleven is direct red card 2 games suspension
    2 yellow cards in same game 1 game suspension
    After 2 yellow cards in same competition, 1 game suspension
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

On 2nd yello you get a red, does it equal to 1day ?;o
    I never had 2 yellow/red cards till now for over 150 matches Hard mode mostlly on.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Yes, since you got the 2 yellow, you only got 1 game.

I also have been playing hard tackle in the last 3 seasons, dont see any diference in cards.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Famous
    I wish there was a '10 second mayhem' button you could use once a season if you're losing heavily, where your whole team just lose it and start a brawl with the opponents, and sometimes each other if you're really unlucky. .
    Maybe something for the developers to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I wish there was a '10 second mayhem' button you could use once a season if you're losing heavily, where your whole team just lose it and start a brawl with the opponents, and sometimes each other if you're really unlucky. .
    Maybe something for the developers to think about.
    +1

PS. In Ayrshire irl we have this function. It lasts 90 mins minimum and its called Junior Football.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    The rule in top eleven is direct red card 2 games suspension
    2 yellow cards in same game 1 game suspension
    After 2 yellow cards in same competition, 1 game suspension
    But why is this? If a player turns round and punches the opposition player or goes in two footed how long a ban do they get? I seem to remember spitting carries a longer ban but two matches for a deliberate handball or professional foul seems way too harsh

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfromtilidie View Post
    But why is this? If a player turns round and punches the opposition player or goes in two footed how long a ban do they get? I seem to remember spitting carries a longer ban but two matches for a deliberate handball or professional foul seems way too harsh
    A straight Red in the English Premiership is an automatic 3 match ban, while a 2-yellow red is a 1 match ban. So Nordeus are being more generous than in real life. Particularly vile acts (Roy Keane trying to break a guy's leg, Suarez biting etc) are treated as special cases and earn longer bans

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cresswell View Post
    A straight Red in the English Premiership is an automatic 3 match ban, while a 2-yellow red is a 1 match ban. So Nordeus are being more generous than in real life. Particularly vile acts (Roy Keane trying to break a guy's leg, Suarez biting etc) are treated as special cases and earn longer bans
    Sorry but that's complete cock. See following extracts from the official FA handbook:

"A player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for denying a goal or an obvious
    goalscoring opportunity by physical means or by handling the ball, will be suspended
    automatically from all Non-First Team Matches commencing on the 14th day following
    the match in which he was sent off, until such time as THE CLUB has completed one
    match in the competition as decided by The Football Association."

and

"E3 CHARGE FOLLOWING A DISMISSAL WHERE STANDARD PUNISHMENT
    CLEARLY INSUFFICIENT
    (a) All players dismissed from the Field of Play shall be subject to at least a one match
    suspension, save only for where a successful claim for wrongful dismissal is brought.
    (b) A Player may be charged by The Association under Rule E3 in relation to certain
    on-field incidents for which the Player was dismissed, pursuant to Regulation 8(i)
    below, where The Association is satisfied that the standard punishment that would
    otherwise apply following the dismissal is clearly insufficient.
    (c) Charges may be brought under this Regulation only for on-field offences which have
    resulted in a sending off under Law 12(1) (violent conduct), Law 12(2) (serious foul
    play) or Law 12(3) (spitting)."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast