Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Unbalanced Cup fixtures

Unbalanced Cup fixtures

I have only been playing this game for 2 months. I have won my league twice...won the cup in my first season and won the Champions league in my second season. Went undefeated last year. So, starting season 3, I am thinking life is good. Then on day 1, season 3, I get placed in the Cup preliminaries against a level 6 team. I lose 0-2 and 1-2 and boom, I am gone from cup contention. Somebody tell me why level 3 teams are forced to play teams 3 levels above them? There is almost no chance of my team winning. When I get to level 6, do I get the luxury of playing the first few rounds of the cup against level 3 & 4 teams? It's a bit frustrating...maybe this is normal in the T11 world?

Thanks

Rookie
    PEOPLE says cup is draw base on quality, not level. I am playing in a 7 level cup this season and i am only 3 level, got to buy buy and buy in order to qualify the cup

I would be okay with that except my "quality" going into the season began at 29.1 and my first round opponent was a 38.9...almost 2* higher...still gave him a scare though. Surely there are enough teams in this thing that they could make it a little more balanced. If I go into next season with a decent team and get knocked out in the first round again, I am done with this. LOL.

There are ways to try and trick the way cup draws are done, which allows certain people to get easy draws and then buy really good players to give themselves the advantage. My advice: get used to it, you will have a hard cup draw for probably the rest of your career in T11
    BeckStar likes this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Quote Originally Posted by TombaUnited View Post
    I would be okay with that except my "quality" going into the season began at 29.1 and my first round opponent was a 38.9...almost 2* higher...still gave him a scare though. Surely there are enough teams in this thing that they could make it a little more balanced. If I go into next season with a decent team and get knocked out in the first round again, I am done with this. LOL.
    A level 3 with a 4* team could be drawn against a level 6 with a 1* team for it to be same quality. You can then see how easy it is for the lvl 6 to improve his team almost immediately and cheaply for a large quality gap to appear. (Ofc there is also the chance that its an abandoned team you draw).

Sometimes I think the ticket money in the Cup should be multiplied by the level difference just so we get that 'minnow drawing a big team' feeling.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-05-2014 at 07:56 AM.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    The higher the level of Cup you do get more $ competition prize.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Off topic: Yes, but its not a 'raise ticket prices to the max', guaranteed sell-out and rip off the punters cash exploit.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by TombaUnited View Post
    I have only been playing this game for 2 months. I have won my league twice...won the cup in my first season and won the Champions league in my second season. Went undefeated last year. So, starting season 3, I am thinking life is good. Then on day 1, season 3, I get placed in the Cup preliminaries against a level 6 team. I lose 0-2 and 1-2 and boom, I am gone from cup contention. Somebody tell me why level 3 teams are forced to play teams 3 levels above them? There is almost no chance of my team winning. When I get to level 6, do I get the luxury of playing the first few rounds of the cup against level 3 & 4 teams? It's a bit frustrating...maybe this is normal in the T11 world?

Thanks

If you let your team deteriorate and don't replace anyone as they lose stars, then by level 8 you may well be playing against 'good' teams 3 or 4 levels below you.
    It's up to you, the better the team you have then the better the quality of teams you play against.
    Put it this way, I've been playing for 16 seasons and won 6 or 7 leagues, 5 Champions Leagues but only won the Cup once!!! It was a great feeling to purposely built a Cup winning team (selling good players to get a better draw etc) and it working!

Its normal. For me its the same. Every season i have to face teams 3 level higher than me. Thats the way it goes if you have a strong team.
    But with the right tactics you can win this cup for sure. I won it 2 times. And since last season i can call me treble-winner. For me the cup its the only hard competiton. And this season i will do what i can do to repeat this. Thats gonna be tough. But everybody has the chance to do this. It will be great 2 times in a row.

The Cup is awesome.
    Thats where you have to show ur real potential as manager. Thats where you always get the hardest games to play. Thats where you realise ur mistakes aswell..i don't get how ppl could not like the cup... Everyone wants to win in the easy way or what ? If u'r not ready to lose then top11 aint no game for you.. Switch to another football game or even better..go for a walk with ur dog.
    p.s:My dogs are awesome.
    p.s2:kkbbthx.
    Ricardo82 likes this.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast