Thread: How to recover from this seemingly endless Winless-streak?

How to recover from this seemingly endless Winless-streak?

Hi, this season I am having a really hard time winning any matches in my league. I am level 13 and have done reasonably well in the last 4 seasons (securing 2nd, 4th, 2nd and 2nd place in the league, and 2nd place in one of the cup runs). This season however has started terribly as far as my league matches are considered. I am currently rank 12 having lost 6 games, drawn 2 and won just 1 game. I have usually always played 4-1-2-1-2 with some changes here and there (most recently playing 4-1-2-2-1). I am having a hard time even against teams with a value far less than mine and players almost as skilled as mine. I have never had so much problem recovering from such a situation before.

This is how my squad looks like:

How to recover from this seemingly endless Winless-streak?-top11_1.jpg

Orders:
    Team Mentality: Attacking/Hard-Attacking
    Focus passing: Mixed
    Pressing Style: Whole Pitch
    Tackling Style: Normal
    Passing Style: Mixed
    Marking Style: Zonal

Forcing Counter Attacks and Offsides

Recently I drew against 4-1-3-2 (relatively low team value and player quality) and lost a close match against 4-4-1-1

Any tips, pointers, help will be most appreciated. I am doing reasonably ok in the CL so far (fingers crossed) but the league's been a disaster and I need to recover. I plan to switch to 4-1-2-2-1 :
    ST-ST
    AML-AMR
    MC-MC
    DMC
    DL-DC-DC-DR

Any thoughts?

Banned
    I think your orders are and tactics are completely messed up...How the you can play counter attacks with Attacking and Hard Attacking Mentality...

Team Mentality: Attacking
    Focus passing: Down Both Flanks
    Pressing Style: Whole Pitch
    Tackling Style: Hard
    Passing Style: Mixed
    Marking Style: Zonal

No Force Counter Attacks and Play off side only if your are playing with attacking mentality, Pressing Whole Pitch and your defenders have better physical stats than the opponents defenders...

Plus when you are playing offside then why you are using BLUE arrows on your defenders...It just kills the purpose of playing off side and attacking mentality...

And if you want to play attacking style then allot skill point to your players according to it...

Striker / Attacking Midfielders - Increase the Attack and Physical to max...
    Mid Fielders / Defensive Midfielders : Keep a balance stat...
    Defenders : Increase their Defending and Physical but do not leave their Attack...Since you are playing attacking and Offside they will also get chance to score goals...I will say keep attack at x, Physical at x +2 and Defending at x + 4....

And don't use so much of arrows...Just use them on you wingers i.e ML / MR......
    Last edited by Siddharth Shanker Singh; 07-09-2014 at 05:29 AM.

Banned
    And one more thing if you want to play Attacking then make sure that you have extra 15% possession......

Famous
    Not sure if the arrows make a difference, but in real life if all your defence were sitting back, and the rest of the team were pushing up, then you would would lose a whole lot of possession in the middle of the pitch.
    This isn't real football though, so it might not mean anything.