Thread: Return on investment?

Return on investment?

I'm curious if there is anything to the theory that the more you pay for a player, the better they will train and /or perform?

Example: A goal keeper who costs 1million versus one that is 2million, all things equal. Im not factoring in nordeus players. That's a whole other variable.

So vets out there.... You see two 18 year old goal keepers. Same stats. Same quality. One is 1 million and one is 2 million. Who are you taking?

Definitely 2M.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Rookie
    everybody knows that, well except new guys, but yeah the more expensive he is the better he will train . BUT there is no guarantee he will perform well

I am new so that could be a basic question. However I haven't seen a correlation yet and I've cycled in and out a lot of players. Perhaps because I typically buy 1-2 mil players and it's more noticeable in the 2 mil plus range.

Rookie
    you know what you should do? A search and im sure there are tons of threads like this one

If there are two goal keepers with same quality but difference in their price 1mil/2mil i would take the one that cost 4mil ;P
    Hope this was clear enough.. 18y.o players with high price usually train faster than other 18y.o with low/medium price.
    Note:Training faster doesnt mean they would perform better- sometimes they will.. but not always

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jmishou View Post
    I'm curious if there is anything to the theory that the more you pay for a player, the better they will train and /or perform?

Example: A goal keeper who costs 1million versus one that is 2million, all things equal. Im not factoring in nordeus players. That's a whole other variable.

So vets out there.... You see two 18 year old goal keepers. Same stats. Same quality. One is 1 million and one is 2 million. Who are you taking?
    It depends. I divide the Market Value by the Wages and whichever has the higher training rate, I try to buy him.

In your example given, on lower lvls, you pay for the trainingspeed. The 2M player will train faster, so it's only natural to expext that he will perform better over time. That doesnt have to mean though that he will perform better on the field then any 1M player, but chances are in favour for the expensive one to do well.