Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr. Echo
  • 1 Post By Philip L. Willis

Thread: Noob questions about 2nd season

Noob questions about 2nd season

Hi, new to the game and I have already learned a ton from the post sin this forum, thanks everyone for sharing. I have a couple of questions about getting ready for season number 2 coming up.

1.What would you all recommend to do with players as I get ready to be promoted? Dump good players and buy new ones in league two? Should I hold all my young players and just build back stars they will lose?

2. My scout has 6 star players now, who of course will become five star players in the next league. Is it worth buying one of these players? I have been holding off spending tokens and buying any players until I know what the best way to proceed is.

3. When do you start earning real money rather than 7k a game? Does it come from playing champ league next year?

Thanks a ton in advance, appreciate any help you can give.
    andrewh likes this.

1. I don't how many 5, 4 and 3 star players you have but I'd keep my all 4-5 star players and young players even if they're 3* but not far away from 4*. Also you could keep some useful players with multiple positions or SAs.

2. If you're not a token buyer/farmer don't ever buy scouts. It's just not worth it.

3. You get money for finishing the League 1-7 place (the higher you finish the more money) and yes, you'll get money from CL and Cup next season too. Also game prize money in the League will obviously be higher than 7k.
    Last edited by Gintaras Račas; 07-23-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

2. The scout list will refresh when the new season starts, so there will always be 6 star players on the list. If you have the tokens you can try to buy a scout, but if you are on a token budget don't do it

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

2 or 3 tokens will win you Pele!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Echo View Post
    Hi, new to the game and I have already learned a ton from the post sin this forum, thanks everyone for sharing. I have a couple of questions about getting ready for season number 2 coming up.

1.What would you all recommend to do with players as I get ready to be promoted? Dump good players and buy new ones in league two? Should I hold all my young players and just build back stars they will lose?

2. My scout has 6 star players now, who of course will become five star players in the next league. Is it worth buying one of these players? I have been holding off spending tokens and buying any players until I know what the best way to proceed is.

3. When do you start earning real money rather than 7k a game? Does it come from playing champ league next year?

Thanks a ton in advance, appreciate any help you can give.
    NEVER DUMP GOOD PLAYERS!

Young or Old, buy scouts right at the start of the season, buy x4s or x9s level players just about to move up a star, quality sort the scout list and buy the top ones, top of list attacks for ST, top of list Defense for Ds/GKs and top of list even Attack/Defense/Physical for Ms. x3s and x8s are ok but they will not be 6 stars at mid-season, unless he is a fast trainer.

Of course young talent is preferable, they train faster and you are paying 50 tokens!
    Young scouts like all player take time, older ones perform right away, your choice.

I had to sell two newly purchased scout this season, they were duds and just got me some so so's players replacements from the transfer list, one of these a 31 years old is now a star on my team, buying scouts guarantees nothing!

Watch out how you bid for transfer players the first week of play, it's like a feeding frenzy goin' on, DO NOT go into bidding wars because you are pissed and just want to win, only go into a bidding war if that player is vital to your whole tactical, formational and strategical plans. eg. I'm going to play a V-style, I need a AMR. Watch and learn how to bid for transfer players there are many Youtubes' and tutorials are available here also.

Best advice: there are some hours, mostly early hours where your server will have less users, sleepy time. BID THEN.... 2 or 3 tokens will win you Pele!

As for money? see those released players at the bottom of the transfer list **wink**wink**, cost you a token to pick up! **wink**wink** and you can sell them for a pretty penny, just don't get the 30 year olds, OK! Beats using tokens to get cash by a long shot. Get the calculator out and do your math.

Good Luck, Peace.

P.S. having a copy of formations and counters chart on your computer helps too!
    Anna Martyniec likes this.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Rookie
    Like you, Dr. Echo, I am in my first season and wondering the same things. Here are my thoughts on your question number 1. Feedback from anyone is appreciated.

I started out part way through the season, so I didn't see this beginning of season frenzy. I am in a league with all bots and a not very competitive transfer market. I have been able to fill up my team by picking up free agents for one or two tokens (I am a farmer) and have even been able to build up some cash by selling free agents. I don't understand how no one will bid on them for free and then I can turn around and sell them for half a million dollars, but I am not complaining. I am wondering if level 2 is still too low of a level to see this beginning of season bidding frenzy.

As stated I started out part way through the season and then it took a little while to develop some kind of player development strategy awareness (not wasting energy, recognizing fast trainers, those sorts of things). Without a full season to develop players, I feel like most of my players are not ready to move up to the next level. They are mostly Q14-Q16. They would be low to mid level three stars next season. If I am able to add free agents that are Q19, it doesn't make sense to keep the Q14-16 level players. I am thinking that I start selling these players as soon as I am able. They look a lot more attractive now than they will next season when they are below average. Even if plan does not work out and I have to buy back Q14-Q16 players, I should be able to buy them back for the same money I just sold them for. So no risk, right?

I do have a core of half a dozen higher quality players I plan to keep, but hope to turn over the majority of my roster with Q19 free agents like I did this year with Q14 free agents. Then I can find some fast trainers and have a whole season to train them. Hopefully I can keep more of my roster next year and my team will be good enough that I won't need to pick up a whole team of Q24 free agents (if they are still available at this level).
    Last edited by andrewh; 07-24-2014 at 03:10 AM.

Thanks everyone for their response, that was a ton of help. Andrewh I was in the same boat as you, took over the team well into the season, took a while to figure things out(free agents, fast trainers etc...). Free agents are highly competitive on my server, but I have snagged a few v good ones. I would like to splurge on a few good players to round out two competitive squads, I just don't see where people are getting the money right now. I assume a lot of it are loans. Are they really loans with interest or basically just free money for tokens?

Thanks everyone for their response, that was a ton of help. Andrewh I was in the same boat as you, took over the team well into the season, took a while to figure things out(free agents, fast trainers etc...). Free agents are highly competitive on my server, but I have snagged a few v good ones. I would like to splurge on a few good players to round out two competitive squads, I just don't see where people are getting the money right now. I assume a lot of it are loans. Are they really loans with interest or basically just free money for tokens?
    Tokens for cash, but again, better to bid on a released player for 1 or 2 tokens and resell him for cash, the return rate is far better than using your tokens for cash, buy the under 29/28 players being release for just a token. If you win a bid for anyone over 30, it maybe his last year and you cannot resell him and you are screwed out of your token, remember. You need to have room in your roster and you need patience as it takes two hours to sell one. For 15 tokens you will double the cash with this method as compare with just a regular loan, Happy hunting, peace.

When you do not have 15 tokens on hand and need cash, this is the only way!

P.S. Sometimes you will have to put someone up to bid more than once, maybe up to 4 times if the player is not attractive to other managers, I waited 2 days once to sell a released player.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

I think you can earn money by sell players. In the begining of season, you can buy good player with a small tokens. Remember you should buy 18, 19, 20 years old player. Then you can sell them after 1 week. At this time, the player price will be high in auction because your players are very good, and there are many people want to buy good players to make their squad be strong.