Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Siddharth Shanker Singh
  • 1 Post By Farfromtilidie

Thread: Goalkeeping crisis

Rookie

Goalkeeping crisis

I have a bit of situation at the moment as my league season draws to a close. Both my first choice 5/6 star keepers are in absolutely abysmal form, with no signs of recovery in sight. As an example, I've been playing friendlies in the hope of getting their performance levels up, the last one against a (good) side in the league below me, with generally a star difference in terms of skill. Within 20 minutes we were 0-3 down, I subbed the keeper off at half time but both got a 5 rating for the game (we won 5-4 incidentally ).

I've boosted the morale of both of them to no effect, and it's costing me precious points. The only get outs I can think of are (a) go all out attacking every match and hope to outscore the opposition or (b) sign a 3* freebie and hope he's less hopeless than the other two. Any better ideas?!

Field player in goal? No, I wouldn't risk actually doing that... But you can!
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    Field player in goal? No, I wouldn't risk actually doing that... But you can!
    I do that.
    I've only one keeper in my squad and when he's injured or suspended then i put a defender in goal. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Good example today of the worth of a keeper was the team just below me lost 5-3 to an opponent who had his keeper injured in the first minute, no sub came on and he proceeded to make 3 saves and get a rating of 7 even though he wasn't on the pitch.
    Last edited by gogs67; 07-23-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I do that.
    I've only one keeper in my squad and when he's injured or suspended then i put a defender in goal. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Good example today of the worth of a keeper was the team just below me lost 5-3 to an opponent who had his keeper injured in the first minute, no sub came on and he proceeded to make 3 saves and get a rating of 7 even though he wasn't on the pitch.
    The thought had occurred to me that if I could somehow come up with a way to get my keeper injured in 1st minute/sent off that would be an ideal solution...sadly I don't think that's realistic!

Have put in a bid on a high skill 27 year old freebie who I reckon I could resell. Would cost me a token but make me a few quid too?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfromtilidie View Post
    The thought had occurred to me that if I could somehow come up with a way to get my keeper injured in 1st minute/sent off that would be an ideal solution...sadly I don't think that's realistic!

Have put in a bid on a high skill 27 year old freebie who I reckon I could resell. Would cost me a token but make me a few quid too?
    It's worth a go.
    I've absolutely no idea how the ratings work, especially with keepers. Couple of seasons ago the top player in my league was the bottom teams goalie and he'd conceded 170 goals. And my keeper rarely gets above a 7 (mostly 6's or 5's) even when he's made saves and not conceded any.
    The game's far too unpredictable to make any sort of judgement on what would work, just get a new guy, sell one of your other keepers and cross your fingers!

Rookie
    Got him for a token. Fortunately is on full morale/condition so he's set to be dropped in at the deep end in a must win game!

Banned
    Buy an EITHER footed GK...They tend to perform well...

When ever I am watching my friends game in TOP11 and their GK performs well, I always go and see their GK what I found out that majority of the time the GK is EITHER FOOTED...

I am not saying this one the basis of 4, 5 observation but countless observation......
    Gintaras Račas likes this.

Got him for a token. Fortunately is on full morale/condition so he's set to be dropped in at the deep end in a must win game!
    see in tranfermarket, get a 7-8 form goalkeeper (don't care about his Q) and see if he can get something atleast 6-7. if he couldn't, change your formation
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Rookie
    Well it turns out he played an absolute blinder, made four saves and got a 9 rating! Would've been MotM had the rest of my sodding team not been terrible...we lost 1-0

Well I guess he will be no. 1 for at least one more game. Think I will flog one of the two no hopers. Just goes to show, you can't beat a bit of experience between the sticks!
    Gintaras Račas likes this.

Well it turns out he played an absolute blinder, made four saves and got a 9 rating! Would've been MotM had the rest of my sodding team not been terrible...we lost 1-0

Well I guess he will be no. 1 for at least one more game. Think I will flog one of the two no hopers. Just goes to show, you can't beat a bit of experience between the sticks!
    You see, problem's probably not even in the keeper! Keep on searching what it really is...
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)