Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Progress...?

Progress...?

Hi guys. Been playing a short time now, just got promoted to level 5. Current value and rating of my team is 11.7m and 20.9*, with a budget of just over 9m.

Currently I am doing enough to obtain a top 7 finish each season to get promoted, but no real cup or CL progress. I read on here players being a few levels above me with huge budgets, ratings and values, so I'm figuring I'm doing something wrong or missing a trick somewhere?

What's more annoying as well is a friend started a day after me (he's on Android and I'm on iOS), yet every season he's able to purchase 4/5/6 star players with minimal bids, whereas I'm lucky to be able to get a 3 star player (anything higher is just wasting bids as everyone wants them at every stage of the season). I'm also ahead in stadium builds in every section. He is winning league, cup and CL at a canter each season. I know he isn't investing real money into the game, so is he just better off due to being Android?

Am I doing something wrong? Should I just have a few bad seasons and rack up the tokens?

Any advice would be great.

Best time to bid for players is 4 am uk time just after maintenace cheap as chips

How many 4* and 5* do you usually see on the market? It sounds like you're on a pretty new server, so you're a high level on your server, and there will be bidding wars for every high quality player. Your friend must be like me, on a low level relative to his server, so plenty of 5* players around for us. I would avoid promotion for a few seasons if I were you.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Today, loads of 4 and five star. Ignoring them all, taking advice and going for some poor seasons, seeing as I've no way of getting tokens unless I purchase them... Unfortunately no chance I'm awake at 4am here in the UK with work during the week... Hope they release a version for Nexus 7, I've a feeling iOS I'm always going to struggle to compete

How many tokens do you have? I only spend tokens on transfers, and most of my transfers are done on the first couple of days. I operate on the basic 35T/season budget. You can wait until after the first few days for the market to quieten down.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

Currently I have 10T and a budget of £9m. I tried to wait for the market to quieten down last season, as you said in the hope of things calming down a bit, but if anything it actually gets harder as people compete for less 4 & 5* players on the list. Guess ill just play the waiting game this season, and hope to snipe some targets with 1 bid right at the end of a deadline...y

I always make bids for players I want well in advance of deadline, both during the first few days and also after the market quietens down. I got 3 excellent players for a total of 4 tokens today, all very fast trainers and one just 2 skill points away from 6*.

My transfer tactics work for me, but it might be different on your server, sorry.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

Thanks Potemy - ill try your tactic. How can I tell on iOS how close they are to increasing star rating in my team? I look in training, but it doesn't make too much sense...

Quote Originally Posted by DiNozzoGibbs View Post
    Thanks Potemy - ill try your tactic. How can I tell on iOS how close they are to increasing star rating in my team? I look in training, but it doesn't make too much sense...
    I didn't look so closely until after I signed him. I don't think you can see it on mobile, but you have to see the average or total of the 3 areas of his stats, or all 15 of his stats.

Currently his stats are: 100.6 defence, 99.4 attack, and 100.0 physical and mental. Shifting 0.6 from defence to attack in your mind, you get an average of 100, so yeah, he just became 6* today.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

Hmm must be different on iOS cos the figures I see don't really tend to make any sense whatsoever. Also, I just auto assign all my training, as it doesn't seem to matter whether I do that or just go in and choose to apply to DEF/ATT/Mentality

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast