Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Can Top 11 have it in for a player?

Rookie

Can Top 11 have it in for a player?

A Swedish CM I have, on level 3 rated 30, 23 years of age and 5* has gone from one of my star players to a total nightmare. Why would this happen? (incidentally morale is superb and so always is condition and he's playing in position). So here is his chronicle of events. Weirdly as you'll see for 1 game only it looks like the game remembered he's supposed to be good!

13/7 Team result, draw 1-1. His rating 5
    13/7 Team result, lost 4-3. His rating 5
    14/7 Team result, lost 4-2. His rating 5
    15/7 Team result, won 7-1. His rating 6
    17/7 Team result, draw 1-1. His rating 4
    18/7 Team result, lost 1-0. His rating 5
    19/7 Team result, won 3-1. His rating 5
    20/7 Team result, won 12-0. His rating 8 and he scored 4 goals (only decent score in ages)
    22/7 Team result, lost 1-0. His rating 4

Dropped then 24/7 Breaks his leg and out for 20 days!

Famous
    I'm guessing his wife's having an affair with one of his team mates and he just found out. Difficult one.

Rookie
    Lol. How silly of me not to factor WAG's having affairs in to my top 11 man management. Being Swedish though I wouldn't have thought this would effect anything as he's probably got 5 on the go himself
    Cat Harrison and gogs67 like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I'm guessing his wife's having an affair with one of his team mates and he just found out. Difficult one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Survivor View Post
    Lol. How silly of me not to factor WAG's having affairs in to my top 11 man management. Being Swedish though I wouldn't have thought this would effect anything as he's probably got 5 on the go himself
    Know What!! It's must be John Terry lol
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    When a players gets poor ratings in a pattern, a slump, look at how you are playing him, what was different when he got the good rating? Does he like a particular spot? Midfielders and GK ratings are.. sometimes hard to interpret, they may have had an OK game by your lights, even have scored, and get a five or six.When one of my guys slump, I start changing how i apply the skill points on them.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Survivor View Post
    A Swedish CM I have, on level 3 rated 30, 23 years of age and 5* has gone from one of my star players to a total nightmare. Why would this happen? (incidentally morale is superb and so always is condition and he's playing in position). So here is his chronicle of events. Weirdly as you'll see for 1 game only it looks like the game remembered he's supposed to be good!

13/7 Team result, draw 1-1. His rating 5
    13/7 Team result, lost 4-3. His rating 5
    14/7 Team result, lost 4-2. His rating 5
    15/7 Team result, won 7-1. His rating 6
    17/7 Team result, draw 1-1. His rating 4
    18/7 Team result, lost 1-0. His rating 5
    19/7 Team result, won 3-1. His rating 5
    20/7 Team result, won 12-0. His rating 8 and he scored 4 goals (only decent score in ages)
    22/7 Team result, lost 1-0. His rating 4

Dropped then 24/7 Breaks his leg and out for 20 days!
    Are U sure that he out for about 20 days? I thought at low level the injury period is very short? at least for 10 seasons I played only starting from level 6 and above I have more than 7 days injury applying to my players...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    When a players gets poor ratings in a pattern, a slump, look at how you are playing him, what was different when he got the good rating? Does he like a particular spot? Midfielders and GK ratings are.. sometimes hard to interpret, they may have had an OK game by your lights, even have scored, and get a five or six.When one of my guys slump, I start changing how i apply the skill points on them.
    Hi Cat. The only possible thing I can think of, is I bought another CM who I now play in the middle of 3 centre mid's and perhaps I used to play that guy who's form has dipped in the middle, can't really remember, but that seems a strange reason to start playing so badly. I've now got a dilemma in that the guy who was benched who is rated 23 & 3* who's been replacing him, has rated 8 (MOM), 7, 9 (MOM), 8, 7 and scored 6 goals! Guess the guy who rates 23 and 3* gets precedent over the guy who rates 30 and is 5*!
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dang View Post
    Are U sure that he out for about 20 days? I thought at low level the injury period is very short? at least for 10 seasons I played only starting from level 6 and above I have more than 7 days injury applying to my players...
    Yes 100% sure. Sounds like I'm very unlucky to get a 20 day injury then! Based on your comment and combined with his bad form the game must really have it in for him! Have a look at the image, he's 3 day's in to recovery, but still shows him 17 days away from getting over his injury!Can Top 11 have it in for a player?-top-11-example.jpg

Isn't the number of treatments needed for injuries capped at 15? For instance I had a player get a 6 day injury earlier and beyond 4 or 5 days clicking to heal more didn't add more treatments, it just stopped increasing at 15. If this still works for super long injuries like that you may want to try that to get him back right away.

Of course, since he was in a slump, maybe giving him that whole time to recover could get him back on form (but at the cost of a lot of possible training time).

More on topic, I've had a few players that have been slowly sliding into slumps. My GK was constantly at 7-8 every game for the first 15 games I had him, but since he's dropped to nothing but 5-6. It seems like there are a lot of variables related to form.

Moving players slightly can increase it or decrease it. Usually playing in the same position or formation constantly increases it, etc. I'm having trouble with trying to get a few of my players out of their slumps. With offensive or midfielders it seems fairly easy, get them some goals or multiple assists for multiple games in a row, and they're suddenly good again. Defenders it's a bit more difficult, and that's what I'm struggling on now.

I hope you have better luck than I'm having.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Banned
    Wouldn't there be any relation : How frequently does this happens that when a players is about to get injured he tends to perform badly......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast