Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mohammad Kassab

Thread: Bit of a boring season.....

Rookie

Bit of a boring season.....

Hoping that these kind of things happen less the higher the level, but level 3 has been a bit of snooze fest. Firstly of the 7 of us that got promoted from level 2, 6 of us my team included ended up in the same league in level 3, so it just felt like a boring re-run of level 2's season! The argument from Top 11 that the reason was because they can only randomise on the same server was a bit silly, as unless there's 10-20 of us on the same server at the same level or thereabouts, that's a cop out response. There must be 1000's if not 10,000's.....

Anyway to further make this season boring as hell, it looks like most of the gamers got bored while in level 2 of playing and lost loads of out of contract/retiring players in level 2 going in to level 3 and clearly haven't logged in since. Result being, I ended up playing some games against teams where there was a defender or midfielder in goal, and loads of players out of position. What ended up happening was essentially a 5 team league. Me and 2 others who care competing competitively, 1 guy who woke up a few games in and obviously realised what had happened and fixed things, but not before his team were 17 pts adrift of 3rd, and one guy quitting and being taken over by a bot which made up the 5.

Hoping for a more competitive level 4 league season. On the upside, the guy that won the CL was in my group that i failed to get out of and the guy that won the cup was the guy that knocked me out, so all good on that front......

Rookie
    That happens with my brother he is now level 5
    there is teams that had been there for 3 "Including level 5" season now.
    I guess you might have added them as your friends. if you have a friend on the same server as you, you will be both at a competition either CL or League.
    but my brother finds it cool as they are HEAVY players, with fatal squads last season he was a runner-up and won this one.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Yes, if you are friends you are more likely to be in League, as well, if there aren't many at that level on your server you might see some of the same managers (this applies more as you get to the upper levels of your server). In the first few levels, say up to 4 or so, people do tend to leave if they get bored or frustrated; their Team runs on autopilot for about 70 days before it is erased.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad Kassab View Post
    That happens with my brother he is now level 5
    there is teams that had been there for 3 "Including level 5" season now.
    I guess you might have added them as your friends. if you have a friend on the same server as you, you will be both at a competition either CL or League.
    but my brother finds it cool as they are HEAVY players, with fatal squads last season he was a runner-up and won this one.
    Nothing new and it will even happen more often in higher levels when U have full list of frens...U even can meet the situation of 10-12/14 teams repeat league...like me always do...

Rookie
    No issue with meeting friends on a regular basis in the same leagues, but not random teams who I have no connection to, especially when I'm not being paired with any of my friends with the exception of some guy who befriended me when I first started playing and we got plonked in the same league this season, but he got the hump when I hammered him, and left the game to be taken over by a bot lol.

My level 2 league was pretty boring too. I believe there were 7 teams that seemed to have active managers, but 1 was clearly tanking (his players improved a ton during the season, but he played an illegal formation), and 3 didn't seem to be trying to improve their teams much. This left me with about 4 close games in league during the whole season. Completely dominating in league play can be fun, but it means more if there's more of a challenge to it.

My CL was a lot better since I seemed to get quite a few of the tougher teams throughout, and cup I lost 1st round from being unprepared, so I'm not sure about it.

I'm hoping my level 3 season is a bit better, but if not, I'll have a decent shot at a treble and hopefully be able to spend a lot of the season power training as well.