Thread: Need help spending precious money and token on the Right things?!

Question Need help spending precious money and token on the Right things?!

Hi, I need help understanding certain aspects of this game and if it's worth spending my precious, hard earned money/tokens on them. I understand that Nordeus needs a "LOT" of money to run things and they make this very visible in the gameplay. Anyways, sarcasm and frustration aside, I need help with the following:

• Youth Academy Recruits
    • Win Bonuses
    • Team Value

So when I get two players from the youth academy (which I built and upgraded and still must pay for signing the players), is it any way worth it to pay a huge fee and 18-25 token (depending on my luck) for signing a guy who is always at least 4 star or less? Do youth players train better and/or play better in the long run? I have seen people flaunt some of their best (and truly insane) players who they boast have been home groomed to perfection. Does this even work and is it worth the money?

I have come to realize that win bonuses must only be used in the most crucial matches because there is no way (for most people) that one could afford to do that every game. How much ball possession and winning chances does the win bonus add? Because the bonus fee keeps rising as we progress through the levels.

At a certain point in my managerial career, I began to notice that I would almost certainly win if my team value were higher than my opponents. While this seems silly and most likely untrue, I would like some one to clarify that this is indeed just a misunderstanding and if team value has anything to do with winning chances and team performance. Given how Nordeus has designed this game engine (which loves to throw surprises ever so often in your face), their thirst for money and distance from football reality I would be least surprised if this were actually true.

end Rant. I need someone to really guide me on these aspects of the game. I had a terrible previous season and am hoping to make a good comeback. Thanks!

Famous
    The only way to make Youth players work, without spending 'real' money, is by tanking every couple of seasons ie: deliberately not getting promoted.
    That way you can train them faster than the loss of a star that happens with going up a level.
    You have the benefit of building up tokens and reds/greens/blues as well during the seasons you don't go up. I use the Youth Academy all the time, tend to avoid the whole transfer market.

What do you mean by reds/greens/blues? Also, how has this strategy worked for you? Do the youth players add enough value to your team and help you save money? I mean, you still pay around 18T for one of your youth recruits, is that worth it?