Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win Bonuses - Are They Worth It?

Rookie

Win Bonuses - Are They Worth It?

Are Win Bonuses ACTUALLY worth it? I mean, I don't see my Players' Morale increase when they win and get a Bonus. Do Bonuses actually do anything, or is it just a waste of money?

Bonuses don't increase players morale... They motivate the players to try harder for the win and play better.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

it's truth... especially towards final few games for cup final or title race

Rookie
    If u r fighting for the title, yes. If not, just concentrate on strengthening your team.

Famous
    I'm not 100% sure, but believe win bonus helps to achieve better results.

Usually I will set the win bonus to maximum soon in a new season, and keep this on. Sometimes I may reduce the win bonus e.g. when league position is determined. Usually the game result is bad.

If you set win bonus to maximum, you may suffer financial losses league games. So you may consider carefully. But for cup and CL, I recommend to set bonus to high because the win award is usually far higher than your win bonus.

Good luck.

Rookie
    Hmm... Ok, I'll have a bit of a play around and see how things go. Thanks everyone! If I see a noticeable change in the team's performance, I'll let you know! Again, thank you!

Rookie
    I raise the win bonus depending on the day of the season.... Like on the last week (starting from day 20-21) I will have win bonus to the maximum. I slowly raise the win bonuses

In a title race and against top teams, try giving them nothing and you will see what happens.

P.s. Beware the troll.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Rookie
    Well, I upped the Win Bonus of the League Games and my team crushed the opposition 9-0. Though that team was pretty poor. I have an Away Cup Match tonight against a Lvl 8 Team (I'm only Lvl 6, what the hell?) and I'm 3-1 down after the First Leg. I'm considering maximising the Win Bonus in hopes of increasing my chances of winning. Would anyone be willing to support me when I play tonight? :P (It's at 22:50 New Zealand Time - I think that's 09:50 GMT?)

Apprentice
    From my experience, having always used win bonuses, I've found their influence to be minimal. The past 3 seasons, I've increased them when I've been up against especially tricky opposition (they re now 2.5m for league & 5m for the league and cup) and noted the performances directly afterwards:

Cup...increased at Play-Off...lost 3-2 / increased at Play-Off...lost 2-1 / increased at Preliminary...lost 5-2.
    CL...increased at Semi-Final...drew 0-0, won on pens / increased for Final...lost 3-0 / increased for final...drew 2-2, lost on pens.
    League...increased for match 16...won 1-0 / increased for match 9...won 2-1 / increased for match 18...lost 4-1.

This isn't definitive, by any means. It does increase motivation, but I've now backed myself into a corner where to put it up means losing large amounts of money and I won't be able to do that until my stadium's complete. I wonder if failing to increase it when going up a level adversely influences motivation? Probably not, but who knows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast