Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By ArdeleanuG
  • 3 Post By Philip L. Willis
  • 1 Post By andrewh
  • 3 Post By Skidz

Thread: Players struggling to play multiple games in a day

Rookie

Players struggling to play multiple games in a day

If my team plays multiple games in one day, they seem to play more poorly in the second game even if I use a rest pack to get their condition up to near full.

Anyone else find this to be true?

I guess it makes sense because it is their second game of the day, but then what good are the rest packs?

If a tough oppenent is my second or third or fourth game of the day, I have started saving my first string players until that game.

Well this sucks. It happened to me the last season. It's not ok becouse your players will be squeezed and they'll start injured.
    And those rest packs raise your players ability to play, but just not enough. They should organize those games in maximum 2 per day. One at 06:00 AM and the other one at 10-11 PM. And so your players will be pretty rest and could have a chance to win the game for you !
    andrewh likes this.

Whole new headache!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewh View Post
    If my team plays multiple games in one day, they seem to play more poorly in the second game even if I use a rest pack to get their condition up to near full.

Anyone else find this to be true?

I guess it makes sense because it is their second game of the day, but then what good are the rest packs?

If a tough oppenent is my second or third or fourth game of the day, I have started saving my first string players until that game.
    Like I, some managers have a 2 team lineup/roster, A and B team both being almost identical. If you are still playing in the CUP and CL that means 2 matches a day, having 2 team will eliminate your tired players problems.

Players struggling to play multiple games in a day-screenshot-www.topeleven.com-2014-08-13-16-51-53-2-team-roster.png

It will give you a whole new headache though, but you will also have many advantages in fielding 2 teams!

Get your tokens out, you're going shopping!
    Last edited by Philip L. Willis; 08-13-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    Like I, some managers have a 2 team lineup/roster, A and B team both being almost identical. If you are still playing in the CUP and CL that means 2 matches a day, having 2 team will eliminate your tired players problems.

It will give you a whole new headache though, but you will also have many advantages in fielding 2 teams!

I do have two full squads to play two games when my players are healthy, but between injuries and more than two games in a day (I recently had 4 games in 15 hours) I often have to force a player compete in two or three games in a day.

I am just looking for confirmation that the player's quality of play decreases when playing multiple games in a day even if I use rest packs to get them back to full condition.
    Skidz likes this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot-www.topeleven.com 2014-08-13 16-51-53 2 team roster.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	27577

It's hard to keep 2 indentical team's money, rest packs etc...

Quote Originally Posted by andrewh View Post
    I do have two full squads to play two games when my players are healthy, but between injuries and more than two games in a day (I recently had 4 games in 15 hours) I often have to force a player compete in two or three games in a day.

I am just looking for confirmation that the player's quality of play decreases when playing multiple games in a day even if I use rest packs to get them back to full condition.
    I hear you, well I do not know if anyone has done an unofficial study of this phenomenon, but I believe that there are overplayed players that just run out of gas if they play too much in a season. I have had plenty of those, it happens a lot to older near or thirty plus players.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Rookie
    I hear you, well I do not know if anyone has done an unofficial study of this phenomenon, but I believe that there are overplayed players that just run out of gas if they play too much in a season. I have had plenty of those, it happens a lot to older near or thirty plus players.
    My whole team is young (oldest is 24), so I don't think anything age related would be an issue.

It sounds as if you do not observe an individual player performance decline when playing multiple games in one day. Although it would be most noticeable to managers who play their first team every game.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Keeping two identical or near identical teams is the only way, this is how I do so well!, it does not happen overnight you need to build over a couple of seasons, even if it means buying 4* or old guys just to get you up and running!, play your best team for the league and semi and cup finals otherwise play your second string!, if you get knocked out of the cup/champions league so be it!, in my case I only aim to get to the CL group stages so my second 11 get game time, anything past that is a bonus!.
    If you want the cup or cl then prioritize your best 11 for them!, I have tried using my best 11 for every match by using booster packs after every game but it gets way to expensive buying more packs and you dont always win the games, your league starts to falter and you can end up struggling!, take my lead and try to get a full 22 man team, dont worry if its a rag tag miss fit bunch as long as it is a TEAM!, you dont have to make it identical to you best but it helps better if you can as these players double up as back up for injuries for your best team!, try to get multi positional players as this helps immensely!. Try to buy youngsters if possible, then once you have your 22 man team you can gradualy upgrade your players little by little untill eventually you have a great first team and a good second string.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

I've never maintained a 2 team squad - tried at one point but gave up with it. Never really rotated much either.

But, this season my 'ever-present' GK went into a slump and it took a couple of games on the bench and corner/FK duties to jolt him back into life. He was immediately followed into the slump by my other ever-present and ever-reliable DL/DC who suddenly couldn't remember how to lace his boots as DC or DL. He gut stuck in a cycle of poor ratings and huge morale loss. He's benched now and next season he'll be the back-up guy to come in and give others a rest. I've also been changing guys positions to see if I can hold off anyone else being a more slump-chump.

PS. This could however be a Mr Scout purchase self-destruct command being initiated after more than 3 seasons XD.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 08-16-2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: PS.