Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By russ2000_uk

Thread: Zonal v Man making

Zonal v Man making

Hello Guys

Just want to know your thoughts on the above topic

since i started the game i always used Zonal but when i hit level 7 i started to struggle so tried man Marking and its been a dream for me as ive won almost all my games by keeping the same formation and tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by waynecollins8 View Post
    Hello Guys

Just want to know your thoughts on the above topic

since i started the game i always used Zonal but when i hit level 7 i started to struggle so tried man Marking and its been a dream for me as ive won almost all my games by keeping the same formation and tactic.
    Well, I guess you have just discovered your winning formular.
    CONGRATULATION mate.

Apprentice
    Generally speaking, although there has been much debate on this subject, it is advised that you only use M2M marking if your defenders are stronger than the opponent's attackers.

I suspect that it suits certain formations/players better than others, but I've always used zonal. Might try M2M and see how it goes.
    Gat Manar likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by russ2000_uk View Post
    Generally speaking, although there has been much debate on this subject, it is advised that you only use M2M marking if your defenders are stronger than the opponent's attackers.

I suspect that it suits certain formations/players better than others, but I've always used zonal. Might try M2M and see how it goes.
    I didn't know this. My opponents in the Champions League Final have 2 Strikers with a Quality of 47 & 49. My 4 Defenders have a Quality of 47, 49, 52 & 54. Going on that summation, would it be best to use M2M Marking for my Final match tomorrow?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon 'Pasta' Creegan View Post
    I didn't know this. My opponents in the Champions League Final have 2 Strikers with a Quality of 47 & 49. My 4 Defenders have a Quality of 47, 49, 52 & 54. Going on that summation, would it be best to use M2M Marking for my Final match tomorrow?
    In theory, yes, but there is much conjecture on the subject. Personally, if I've got a formula I like and has got me to the final, I probably wouldn't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon 'Pasta' Creegan View Post
    Hey champ,
    I suggest you use what has been working for your team all the way to the final. It's just 1 game and there's no return leg to amend things if it goes wrong.
    Best of luck in your final

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by russ2000_uk View Post
    In theory, yes, but there is much conjecture on the subject. Personally, if I've got a formula I like and has got me to the final, I probably wouldn't change it.
    Ah... Well, since this is my very first Final (Both Cup & Champions League), I've been mixing up my Formations so I can counter my opponent. I've always stuck with the same tactics, but I made a thread earlier today and someone suggested something different, so I've altered it. His team has an OQ of 42.8, while I have an OQ of 49.4...