Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Keep or sell

Hi,I'm level a 16 level manager for this season (season 18).
    I passed my first 4 levels (4 seasons) with my initial team,but I passed level 4 only at 5 place.

I tanked level 5 for 2 season (10 and 9 place,behind only to bot-robot teams),because my team was getting retired and players had no more motivation.So i started changing my team structure, and I obtained a 3 place,a 2 place and 9 first places in my last 11 seasons (11 promotions in row).

Quality level gap is not so clear from level 1 to 3,some problems might occur in level 4,from level 5 you should care if the decrease of stars for a player is followed by a decrease of performance in the new season...

Rookie
    yes but how do I know how much tokens can I risk per a player

@Felix11sk If Opponent has players with 6 stars and special ability at the start of season then he buys tokens.
    Look on opponents archievements and trophys tab, if he has lot of them, then he is active player for sure.
    Take care of your team, don't think too much about opponents, you'll have time for every one.

Last season my team played against opponent that had lot of good players, but his squad completly lacked dm, am and wm.
    He was forced to play 4-3-3 so i used 4-1-4-1 and crushed him 5-0 away in first match, 3-1 in second.
    I had used many formations last season, played against strong teams and won cup, 3rd in CL and 2nd in liga.
    Variety of good players for every position is key, then you will be able to prepare for every opponents position and counter it.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by felix11sk View Post
    yes but how do I know how much tokens can I risk per a player

Calculate: (number of T/number of players you want to buy) minus few T for reserve
    so if you have 12T and you want to buy 3 players, spend 9-10 and leave 1-2 for reserve
    You'll learn to judge that form experience. On auction you can't know how much tokens someone have.

Buying good player helps saving tokens.
    My LB plays his 3rd season at the club, although he used to be first 11 player, he's now reserve, but has 5 stars so for me is still useful.
    Young GK which I have bought at beginning of the last season now has 68 rating (5*), 77 def. and i plan to use him for next 2-3 seasons.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Ideally you want your core players (GK DM MC ST) to be fast trainers so you can throw whatever green packs you earn or generate at them for extra training and even on a 35T Team you can get several seasons out of them, play them every match you can to keep them earning SP.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When you buy Gk and CB, look for one with strong defensive stats (5+), for AM and ST look at attacking stats. That is important for older players because they have slow growth. Other positions need all stats equally strong or with small differences (under 5)

Rookie
    i total new but if your player still preform good then quality don't matter i have two ST of 35Q and 21Q cant say who is the best as both are score and assist as the same

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by felix11sk View Post
    I don't understand how can a player be good for more than 2 seasons. Or how much did he cost , 3 mil ? Because I had some good 4* that got 5* until the end of the season, but now he is 4* again and it will take maybe 24 days to be 5* , but how can he be competitive in the early season against 5* ?
    If you can find a player that you can train fast enough that they increase one star per season, that player will stay at the same number of stars for your team until the their training rate decreases.

I'd suggest you a bit different strategy if you have troubles with club's budget and tokens.
    Buy fast trainer gk, cb and st. You can easier train them to be useful few seasons, because you train only needed skills; for gk-def skills, cb-def and physical, st-att and physical. When you train them completly, your st should have 15-20 higher attack and physical rating than defensive.
    Buy mildfielders which are strong, but not expensive and young, they need all skills so its harder to train them to be useful for few seasons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12