Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Keep or sell

Rookie

Keep or sell

Hi,

I am little bit disappointed with the strategy of the game that is based on buying the players almost every season ... Anyway, I am level 3 and last season I bought some of quite expensive players but now when the star went away, I am considering selling him or keeping.

For example, last season I bought a player for 900 thousand $. He was 5* but now 4* . Would you sell him and buy another 5* player for 1 mil or keep him as substitute?

You are on level 3 so you don't need full squad of 5-6 stars. Keep them if you don't buy tokens.

Rookie
    When do you need a full 5* 6* squad? In higher levels ? I've just have terrible bidding , I won in 20. round ,,, I guess in higher leagues it is even more .... it seems to be the higher league the more money you need to invest if you want to be competitive

Apprentice
    In early levels u can win league with 5* or 4* players. But id keep in mind when bringing in new signings to buy young, fast trainers and they will see you good few fews seasons with the right training.some teams have managed to keep players their whole careers.

Banned
    That's why managers try to people fast trainers ending in there 4, 9 at the start of the season......

If you are not a toke buyer- do NOT waste your tokens on going 20 rounds (hell, even if you ARE a token buyer don't do it). The higher up you go, I have found, the LESS tokens I need to spend for the better players. It's all about getting the young, fast trainers that are near a new skill point. If you find good ones, they can last you for many seasons (I have a player that is now 26, bought when 18 and is still the best in the league).

Quote Originally Posted by felix11sk View Post
    When do you need a full 5* 6* squad? In higher levels ? I've just have terrible bidding , I won in 20. round ,,, I guess in higher leagues it is even more .... it seems to be the higher league the more money you need to invest if you want to be competitive
    Don't spend that much tokens per auction. I have bought 9 five stars players this season for 13 tokens
    Token wars are only for rich (and dumb) people, spend tokens wisely. My strat is short auctions. There's plenty of players, only few of them are worth spending more tokens (for example attackers: overall quality=x, def skill=x-10, att.skill=x+10 or gk...)

Rookie
    I don't understand how can a player be good for more than 2 seasons. Or how much did he cost , 3 mil ? Because I had some good 4* that got 5* until the end of the season, but now he is 4* again and it will take maybe 24 days to be 5* , but how can he be competitive in the early season against 5* ?

Rookie
    But how do you know whether the opponent will fight or not , I know I can look at his budget and overall strength of the team , but I don't know how much tokens he is going to use

Addicted
    As t11_fan says, always check the skills as well. Try to get a defender whose defending skills are +10 his star rating and a midfielder and attacker who is +10 attacking skills above his ratings. Most of these will perform well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast