Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squeaky bum time

Rookie

Squeaky bum time

Can anyone top this for late season drama?

My tier 12 league has been a three horse race all season. My team started unusually strongly, winning 6/6 and topping the table. I was knocked down a peg or two in the next game as the strongest team on paper hammered me 1-5 at home. I strengthened in the transfer market then spent the next few matches slugging it out with another team for 2nd spot. Somehow we managed to beat the leaders 1-2 (gaining revenge for our earlier humbling) and topped the table again. My away draw at the team in 4th looked to have handed the title to the favourites, just as the 3rd place team dropped out of title contention. They managed to have one last say on the title race however as they just stunned the leaders 3-1 in the penultimate game, while I sneaked to the top again by two points.

Final day of the season is tomorrow, a win at the side in 5th guarantees me the title. A draw would be very interesting, as my rivals are away at an abandoned team and will surely hammer them so it could come down to goal difference. After twelve seasons this is definitely my best ever league campaign, and it just goes to show that aside from all the gripes Top Eleven can be trememdous fun!

I love your post, but trust me someone is going to say something about you posting in general, just watch.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    I love your post, but trust me someone is going to say something about you posting in general, just watch.
    OK so it did get interesting! The rules say there has to be a playoff now, but I don't have any fixtures scheduled
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Squeaky bum time-screenshot_2014-08-23-18-37-20.jpg  

congats!!

Rookie
    I don't understand why we won the league? We have an identical record in the table, equal goals scored/conceded. The rules state there should be a play off to decide the championship, but it never happened. If anything his head to head record is better based on goals scored. Happy to have won the title but it feels a bit wrong somehow

Are you sure both of you weren't given the League title ? What do his stats say ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Rookie
    Don't know tbh, he's not one of my friends. If there's no criteria beyond (a) points (b) goal difference (c) goals scored then surely it goes to alphabetical order pending a play off?! Don't really see why my team is listed ahead of his. Granted it's an extremely rare scenario but it seems on this occasion the system failed, should've been a play off match.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Hum. I think that playoff match is bogus, I've never heard of anyone playing it. So, either you both won (unlikely) or they used some other tie breaker, between your record against each other possibly?
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you can find him again, click on his details and see if he has a League trophy or 2nd place on his board for last season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

The rules about playoffs and stuff are nonsense. It happened to me a good few seasons ago where EVERYTHING was tied- even down to head to head (both 0-0 snorefests).

Nordeus just like to make us think that the game is more advanced and capable than it really is with their lazy, megalomaniacal attitude towards its customers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast