Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Does a players performance improve with Star Increase?

Rookie

Does a players performance improve with Star Increase?

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has seen a players performance improve after they gain a new star?

I am sure there are plenty of people who will jump in and say the number of stars means nothing with regards to performance......but maybe there is someone who can disprove the theory???

I have a MC who only gets 6's for performance and has just gained his level 35 5th Star. Please someone tell me he will be getting 9's from now on...lol

I can live in hope!!

MC's hardly ever get good ratings...
    BLAUGRANA FC - The road to success...

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Apprentice
    Stars are important, just stars do not mean that a player is a good player.
    Sometimes stars can overcome some other bad qualities, so for sure it is always better have 5 or 6 or more stars... but I had some 6 stars players, whose performances were always and in any case bad.
    Same, I had time to time 7 stars players that were really good, but 2 seasons after with 1 or 2 stars less, they were just normal, or even poor.
    What I mean... stars are just a part of the quality of a player.

I am a Star Monger.

I am a star monger, if I am in trouble I will buy myself out with scouts, I will train a Nordgens hard 10 times a day and if they are not 6 stars in half a season they are GONE! Stars, stars, stars, but there are exception my 30 year DC G. Sahin, I want to replace him 2 season back, I couldn't, he is irreplaceable! Even in the last few games he has tackled the ball away from 7 stars hotshot STs again and again, how I DON'T know.

Again this season I am waiting for him to fail, my team out grew him 3 season ago, he is a slow trainer, the weakest player on all fronts on my team by far. And yet he is the best performer? ......??.....?

But he is the Captain and the best player on my team, will I trade him, maybe, but I was thinking that 3 season back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does a players performance improve with Star Increase?-screenshot-www.topeleven.com-2014-08-30-18-21-03-ss7-gurney.jpg  
    Mr. Marco likes this.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Rookie
    Philip
    your DC is DEFINATELY a find and it's great when you have a brilliant player who should by all accounts (age, stars, training etc)
    Be rubbish and to some extent that makes T11 fun, finding these rare gems BUT
    I still don't see why so many 5,6 Stars, young players seem so bad??
    maybe,as I said, I am to impatient with these players?
    if I knew these players would come good in time I would be less anxious but then I guess every football manager has that dilemma !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Baker View Post
    Philip
    your DC is DEFINATELY a find and it's great when you have a brilliant player who should by all accounts (age, stars, training etc)
    Be rubbish and to some extent that makes T11 fun, finding these rare gems BUT
    I still don't see why so many 5,6 Stars, young players seem so bad??
    maybe,as I said, I am to impatient with these players?
    if I knew these players would come good in time I would be less anxious but then I guess every football manager has that dilemma !!
    As more expensive they are as better they are (doesn't mean performe always, but training speed) if the price is standard for ur level even a less star player but more expensive can performe way better...

You wanna talk about urself or you wanna help?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Baker View Post
    Hi

Just wondered if anyone has seen a players performance improve after they gain a new star?

I am sure there are plenty of people who will jump in and say the number of stars means nothing with regards to performance......but maybe there is someone who can disprove the theory???

I have a MC who only gets 6's for performance and has just gained his level 35 5th Star. Please someone tell me he will be getting 9's from now on...lol

I can live in hope!!
    here is my 6* mc player rating

here is my 7* mc player rating

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Famous
    My opinion is probably not shared by many but I do believe that stars are much more important than match ratings. Many of us have done the experiment (and in my case I did it several times): take your worst player and put it in your team out of position, the chances are he's going to be man of the match ! But on the long run, your team performances will be much much better with a 7-star player, even if he's getting average ratings. I cannot prove that but I've got many clues. For instance, I have never been kicked out of a cup by a weaker side in 28 seasons when I lost several times to higher rated ones when their manager was not present. I always rely on stars first and I only consider match ratings when I'm comparing two players with the same amount of stars. Stars first, tactic second, the rest is purely cosmetic.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Honestly based on my experience with my second team mixing 3* players with 5-7* is quite beneficial. My suggestions is aiming for a strong starting 11 first so they can have a strong foundation especially when you are not attending matches.
    Love The Nationality Games Here!

Hakurei United

Based On : Hakurei United (Touhou Soccer Series)
    Goals : Develop youths
    Dislikes : Disrespect, Cheating, Tankers

Tight on Token boi here and I wanna have some fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast