Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Again with the cup unfair draw

Rookie

Again with the cup unfair draw

My team's quality is 92 but take a look at some teams in my cup and that is just the tip of the iceberg

Again with the cup unfair draw-untitled683.jpg

Again with the cup unfair draw-untitled684.jpg

Again with the cup unfair draw-untitled685.jpg

Again with the cup unfair draw-untitled686.jpg

Again with the cup unfair draw-untitled687.jpg

Again with the cup unfair draw-untitled688.jpg

Again with the cup unfair draw-untitled689.jpg

Again with the cup unfair draw-untitled690.jpg

Again with the cup unfair draw-untitled691.jpg

Again with the cup unfair draw-untitled692.jpg

Q 112.5 vs Q 92.1 !!!

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Actually he is going for another treble
    Can you show us his players ? How did he it do it at the beginning of the season
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 10-21-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

no worry, u r not alone me and almost all my friend have same problem since 2 seasons.. Cup & Cl draws screwed... dunno why and dunno nordeus will do something about... well, better get used it..

IT'S NICE TO BE IMPORTANT.
    BUT MORE IMPORTANT IS TO BE NICE !!!

Actually, the cup draw used to be even worse. When I first started playing, it was not uncommon for level 3/4 teams to find themselves against level 18+ in their first match.

They changed it, and although it's not perfect now by any means, at least all the teams seem to be in a level band width of about 2 or 3 levels.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Apprentice
    top eleven wanna force daily player to spent real money, thats why everyone stop play t11

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    The Cup I have found easier to win with 35T (NO MONEY) Teams. A Team that farms or buys T tends to have a really strong Team for their level and is destined to face higher level teams. My experience tallies with this exactly, I get knocked out early on with my main Team and the no farming/no buying teams do the best, going fairly far in Cup. So I concentrate on League and CL with BvB and don't worry about Cup.

Cup draw happens on day 1 first thing. These teams you show have obviously improved their squads since. But, on day 1 they had comparable top 14 players to you. I know it seems crazy, but Rayko is right -- used to be able to face teams 6 levels higher! or more.,.. so, yeah getting the Triple Crown isn't easy, and should it be? Each competition is different, and if you limited Cup to levels, it would be too much like CL.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    The Cup I have found easier to win with 35T (NO MONEY) Teams. A Team that farms or buys T tends to have a really strong Team for their level and is destined to face higher level teams. My experience tallies with this exactly, I get knocked out early on with my main Team and the no farming/no buying teams do the best, going fairly far in Cup. So I concentrate on League and CL with BvB and don't worry about Cup.

Cup draw happens on day 1 first thing. These teams you show have obviously improved their squads since. But, on day 1 they had comparable top 14 players to you. I know it seems crazy, but Rayko is right -- used to be able to face teams 6 levels higher! or more.,.. so, yeah getting the Triple Crown isn't easy, and should it be? Each competition is different, and if you limited Cup to levels, it would be too much like CL.
    I believe token farmers/buyers may find it more difficult to pass the early rounds in Cups. But they still more likely win eventually if they passed these rounds.

Token farmer/buyer teams are usually aggressive in buying and selling players in early days of a season. So their rosters may not be not as intact as usual. For example, there may be temporarily less depth of certain positions, some new players are not fit or poor in morale when a game starts, etc. Some teams may even 'manage' their rosters weaker, with the will to get better draws in Cups. In contrast, because lack of tokens, 35T teams usually less aggressively change the roster. So I think the 35T teams have relative advantage in early rounds of Cup.

The Cup drawing is based on quality of top 14 players. The qualities of teams in the same Cup are theoretically close when the Cup starts. On the season progress, after aggressive roster changes, the token farmer/buyer teams will become relatively stronger. They will more likely have advantage in subsequent rounds.

The result of the 1st Cup game is the most difficult to predict. As the time and opponent of this game is unknown on the day before, it's hard to manage player fitness and arrange counter formation for the game. These uncertainties are preferable for weaker teams.

In 1st round of Cup, there is only 1 cup game per day. Depth of roster of strong teams helps less in these games. Since 2nd round, there are 2 official games on Cup game day, the less depth weak team become more difficult to beat the strong teams..

But I fully agree that token farmer/buyer have more advantage on CL. The group stage prevents weak teams to advance to playoff.

I'm 35T player and trust me, it is not easy at all. My team has average Q 5* and I will play against higher level team which has higher average Q. When will I get opponents from lower level?
    cookizzz and Raykco like this.

Famous
    I'm also a 35T manager. I also feel strange that I seldom met lower level team in Cup. The only such team that I clearly remember is a team which is 1 level lower, is similar in quality with my team, and defeat my team. I'm not sure if I have met any more lower level team before.

My record in Cup is far worse than that in CL. Both my L7 & L15 team are 4 time finalist & 3 time winner for CL, and 1 time finalist for Cup. Only my L7 won Cup for once.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 10-22-2014 at 07:34 PM.
    Raykco likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast