Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: No benefit to watching games,

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    i will tell you right now to not compare this game with real life or actual simulation football games. This is anything but. You just need to treat it like a simple facebook game, if you spend too much time on this game you will be disappointed
    Well said. Couldn't agree more.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    I'm afraid you can't. You can get that variability watching them all or not watching them all. I could cite a 9-1 win in CL home match 2 seasons ago and 2-2 draw away - both managers watched both, same formations same teams.

I could also cite 10Q inferior teams with 20% possession making chances (and the 1 truly troll result I've had was just that - a 1-0 loss with over 15 shots on target v a ST GK) but similarly there are 14-0 wins against teams with 20% possession that didn't get the red card boost either.

I believe you should give yourself as much advantage as possible, but its not a do X + Y = win. Its a simulation. And there are patterns, patterns everywhere.....

But if not watching works for you then that's good.
    I wouldn't agree at all. Didn't watch this afternoons game and beat a better team 6-0 away!

Sorry but tactics can only make so much of a differance.

As I said I'm not angry and some people seem to be very sensitive to any sort of criticism of the game. It's just a bit of fun, but it's a shame there are so many random results and performances that are little to do with supposed quality players or possession.

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    i will tell you right now to not compare this game with real life or actual simulation football games. This is anything but. You just need to treat it like a simple facebook game, if you spend too much time on this game you will be disappointed
    This is the best stance to have on this game. It's as you said extremely unrealistic so it's best just to accept from the start that a lot of it is down to random luck.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    No benefit to watching games,-example-1.jpg

This is a game I just watched. It was a t11 friend playing in CH.L.
    As you can see from the formations, if he was watching the game, the result could be totally different.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 09-29-2014 at 10:08 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I totally agree. Boosters seem to be the only benefit of watching games.
    If a manager is not watching his game and one of his players gets injured, then in the most cases suddenly all his mates become superfast and superefficient and in the end I lose even having up to 30% higher ball possession.
    This is not always the case so it's yet another variable that can't be taken for granted.

yeahh noticing same thing too .. always get stupid AI surprises when watching
    Drumpot and Cat Harrison like this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I've gone back and forth over this. I know I have won some matches by being there and making changes... but.. sometimes I think my defensive style of play doesn't require the possession, and I win games not being there if I have set up my Team correctly.

My hubby is really good at attending his matches, and he has a mostly winning record. He plays mostly offensive style formations and orders. He thinks that attending works for him, and I can't argue with his success.

Lately I attend only if it is convenient for me..(or a super important match) I don't set alarms to wake up for those 10 a.m. matches, sleep is more important.
    Anna Martyniec and Oded32 like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

your benefit doesn't come from just watching - otherwise it would have been "top fan".
    your benefit comes by changing settings , formations and doing substitutions !
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Levski Jerusalem (click here to see my team) Season 22 -

17 championships
    13 Champions league titles
    3 Cups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12