Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By shwanko07
  • 2 Post By RJSlow
  • 1 Post By Steppenwolf
  • 2 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison

Thread: Players in the wrong position

Players in the wrong position

Does anyone know how much of a hit the game puts on a player when he is in a wrong (but close by) position?
    My situation is a follows:
    I have a quality 22 in AML, quality 31 in AMC, and 28 in AMR. I really need a DC with the wall specialty, but I need a wing up front. So I can drop the AMC, but he is so good, I dont want to bench him. So I could move him to AML, replacing the weak 22, but the 31 is not trained for that position, and the 22 that's there already is trained for it. So if I move the 31 AMC over to AML, what would that be an equivalent to of a player that already knows the position? Hopefully this makes sense.
    As a side note, I have always wondered if I wanted to train a player at a new position, he will of course not play as well as he would as if he was in his trained position... but will he gain more points during the match that can be made available for training a new spot?
    Thanks

noticed lose of possession, drop in moral after the match and sure mistakes and fouls .. this though is not too consistent
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

i have no clue but i like to consider a player moving out of position but his secondary position a 1 star drop, and completely out of his position a 2 star drop. They don't necessarily drop morale if they perform well, but if they perform poorly there morale will drop a lot faster then normal

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

VIP
    I play sometimes with a player or two out of position (yellow triangle). Several times they got ratings 8. Also lost a game yesterday 4-0, with opponent team having 2 OOP players. They both scored goals, both got ratings 8 and one of them was MotM (a striker at MC slot)...
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    For sure some players seem to thrive in wrong postion, others fail miserably. And the only way to find out is to try it.
    shwanko07 and Nelson Okotie like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    For sure some players seem to thrive in wrong postion, others fail miserably. And the only way to find out is to try it.
    I think it is more a random factor .. i doubt there is a special variable dedicated to that
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Well, most of this game has that random factor. I have a player that started life as a DML/DL, learned ML.. and gets mostly ok ratings. 7 average, but he gets 7's and 8' when playing as DC and DMC. Yeah. He plays OOP a LOT. But that's an outlier. I think the new way they show OOP guys gives an indication of how to expect their performance, but I expect it has to do with player's attributes too. I've had some MC's do well as wingers, the more attacking skilled ones, anyway.
    shwanko07 likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]