Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Farfromtilidie
  • 1 Post By t11_fan

Thread: Why have Top11 made it impossible to win 2 games in a day

Why have Top11 made it impossible to win 2 games in a day

I have played 8 Champions League so far this season and on 7 occasions so far I have either drew or got beat in the other game I play on the same day, despite having a better team, a formation that counters the opposition and rotating my squad.

I started the Champions league campaign with a draw & a loss, I won both my league games convincingly.

Matchday 3 in the Champions League I managed to win both games that day for the only time.

Matchday 4, 5 & 6 I won in the Champions League, but lost 2 & drew the other league game. This was despite playing 2 very weak league teams. I lost one game I could perhaps understand a slip up in, but the scoreline was ridiculous, I lost 4-6 at home, up until this point I had only conceded 6 goals in total in the league. Yet my defence collapses, the average rating of that defence was 97 at level 15, playing 4 across the back with a level 96 at DMC.

The league games inbetween, when I only play one game, I was knocked out the cup in the first round, I win pretty convincingly.

The knockout rounds have started and its happened again. i've just been beaten at home to the team third from bottom of the league 3-2. Despite having a better team, a better squad, that was well rested and motivated and a formation that was certainly not inferior. I even had 12% possession advantange.

I have moved my games so there is at least 8 hours between matches where I can, but its pointless. I have gone from a perfect record in the league after 6 games to a record of 9 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses after 15 games and am now 5 points behind the leaders.

Any answers? Or do I just have to accept that the game makes no sense and its pointless playing it. I could accept I that I won't win both trophies in a season, but I know if I get to the Champions League Final I'll lose it on penalties like I have lost the last 4 finals I have been in.

Whenever you start losing like that, up the win bonus. Should work. Worked for me.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Just rotating tht squad is not enough!, you must keep your condition and morale up to near maximum and even then that does not work everytime (but most), I rotate my squad and always have but there are a few times when I play my weaker team or mix weaker players into my stronger team in the league as to save my best players for better opposition in the cup or champions league!( only when Im playing bottom end league teams).Something else to consider is how much training your doing on that day, dont train till after your last match and if it happens to be late in the day and you have a close next day match then dont train that day! or move the match time if possible, everybody has different targets I personaly have the league so that will take priority over everything thus why I always win the league! trying to go for the treble is very difficult unless you are going to spend or farm lots of tokens, the higher the level the harder it becomes, the more frequent injuries, the harder the teams etc so try to be sensible in what you try to achieve and give your team plenty of rest, to put it into perspective my team used to be 22 50T scouts and still could not win the treble every year!, it still has around 6-8 plus the seasons before so is very strong but again I find it very difficult to manage on 3 fronts!.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Why have Top11 made it impossible to win 2 games in a day-4-5-1-v.jpg

Ok, I have a good team of 5* players, but in CH.L. matches I played 4-5-1 V , def/counter against weaker teams.
    Can you believe that ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    I've recently yoyoed between having brilliant seasons where I've been out the CL and had a storming league season (and often a good cup run to boot) and dire league campaigns when I've qualified for the CL. My take on your question is that when you are in three competitions the toll on your overall squad is much higher, and with the necessity to rotate players with two games a day you will undoubtedly end up playing a few players who are having a 'bad' season. The impact on your results can be quite dramatic - I won every game in the CL group stage last season but nose dived down the league to finish 8th as I was relying on 'bad season' players to come in and do a job.

I guess you need to do one of the following - suss out quickly who are your most consistent 15-16 players currently and prioritize one competition, playing a solid team most matches OR be very active in the transfer market, root out the 'bad' players in your squad and replace them early in the season when they show signs of tanking. The latter option will require stacks of cash (and probably tokens too) plus a lot of luck to sustain serious challenges in two/three comps the higher up the league system you go.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    what he said ^^^ GREAT answer
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

not impossible hun I did it

Ps my avatar picture is Rowland !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Farfromtilidie View Post
    be very active in the transfer market, root out the 'bad' players in your squad and replace them early in the season when they show signs of tanking
    That is worst option. Players need time to adapt on squad and tactic/formation. Constantly changing players is not road to success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfromtilidie View Post
    and with the necessity to rotate players with two games a day you will undoubtedly end up playing a few players who are having a 'bad' season
    Rotating squad gives another opportunity - saving green points. So you can use that green points to keep good-form players in 1st squad for 2+ matches per day. Use one with weaker form as a reserve, give him opportunity to prove himself against low position teams.
    I have 22 players every season, I rotate them every day. Every player needs in to learn how and when to use his main and reserve forces, that is what you learn from experience...
    Cat Harrison likes this.