Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Advice - What should have i done?

Advice - What should have i done?

So, I'm a level 3 club/manager. I won the first CL semi final 1:2 away against this guy, a 27.5 ish team, I'm at 34.7. Both managers present, My stadium full and had one extra supporter.

For the 2nd leg, I even matched his formation, Set tackling to hard and pressure to whole pitch, etc. I altered it to be a bit more defensive as seen in the screenshot after conceding the first goal.

As you can see, I had much more shots but somehow managed to miss all with better quality players.
    Last gasp attack, He gets his 1:2 to draw and the extra time is uneventful.

Now here's the nice kick. I manage to miss 3 penalties with my superior quality players (vs his keeper) and my superior keeper manages to stop only one. Mine has the one-on-one stopper trait, which i guess isn't relevant here, his had none.

So i still lose out to much weaker teams, despite every effort i seem to be trying.

What am i missing?

Advice - What should have i done?-seriously_top11.jpg

Banned
    You are missing nothing...You can't do anything if the game has decided to troll you......

Quote Originally Posted by ransagy View Post
    So, I'm a level 3 club/manager. I won the first CL semi final 1:2 away against this guy, a 27.5 ish team, I'm at 34.7. Both
    managers present, My stadium full and had one extra supporter.

For the 2nd leg, I even matched his formation, Set tackling to hard and pressure to whole pitch, etc. I altered it to be a bit more defensive as seen in the screenshot after conceding the first goal.

As you can see, I had much more shots but somehow managed to miss all with better quality players.
    Last gasp attack, He gets his 1:2 to draw and the extra time is uneventful.

Now here's the nice kick. I manage to miss 3 penalties with my superior quality players (vs his keeper) and my superior keeper manages to stop only one. Mine has the one-on-one stopper trait, which i guess isn't relevant here, his had none.

So i still lose out to much weaker teams, despite every effort i seem to be trying.

What am i missing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seriously_top11.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	31174
    Maybe that 4-1-3-2 wasn't the best choice
    t11_fan likes this.

Why so?

I was playing a mirrored 4-4-2 before that. I usually play a 3-1-4-2 for most matches, that also seemed to work OK for the league and such.

Hm, I know everyone has individual strategy, but I've learned from real life football and t11 playing experience that you should prepare more for finals and deploy different tactics. If you watched any finals, then you know that both teams play cautious and they 1st don't want to receive goal, then they look for attack. So I suggest you change approach to final matches, dedicate more for them, check his matches to reveal his habitats and strategy etc, unless you play against bot of course

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Hm, I know everyone has individual strategy, but I've learned from real life football and t11 playing experience that you
    should prepare more for finals and deploy different tactics. If you watched any finals, then you know that both teams play cautious and they 1st don't want to receive goal, then they look for attack. So I suggest you change approach to final matches, dedicate more for them, check his matches to reveal his habitats and strategy etc, unless you play against bot of course
    Mourinho,is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Crister View Post
    Mourinho,is that you?
    No, look at picture, i'm Vahid Halilhodžić

No, look at picture, i'm Vahid Halilhodžić
    I was referring to what were you saying. "You have to defend in big matches,you have to prepare every detail of the tactic,play with caution" It sounds like Mourinho style :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crister View Post
    I was referring to what were you saying. "You have to defend in big matches,you have to prepare every detail of the tactic,play with caution" It sounds like Mourinho style :P
    Special one uses bus tactic = hard defending + force counter attacks. I just suggest more cautious tactic than normal (less red arrows, normal mentality instead of attacking etc.)

Special one uses bus tactic = hard defending + force counter attacks. I just suggest more cautious tactic than normal
    (less red arrows, normal mentality instead of attacking etc.)
    Talking about attacking mentality,it is useless for me. I just play normal and rarely defensive.
    I'm an Ancelotti fan
    t11_fan likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast