Thread: Do players lose stars if you aren't promoted?

Do players lose stars if you aren't promoted?

I have two teams, one level 12, the other level 7. In those 19 total seasons I've never missed promotion...until this season. My level 7 squad is floundering, good players, impossible league full of big spenders and I can't afford to upgrade them as I have a wife, a kid and another on the way. The other problem is the transfer wire between say, level 5-9 is insane, 20+ tokens for players. My level 12 team won six starters on the transfer wire for no more than 10 tokens this season. My question is, if we finish below seventh and spend the next season on the same level, do my players keep their stars? I know, I know, stars don't mean a thing, it's quality. Well my quality is good, no doubt. It's just that most of the teams in my current league have bought entire scout squads.

No, they keep their stars if you don't get promoted. So you can just play illegal formations for the rest of the season, stock up skill points and then next season you'll be stronger

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

they only lose stars because thats the comparison quality for that league. but when they lose a star they are not losing their quality.

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    No, they keep their stars if you don't get promoted. So you can just play illegal formations for the rest of the season, stock up skill points and then next season you'll be stronger
    Good call, mate. I'd also lose this impossible bunch of clubs in my league, because most of the big spenders are getting promoted. Well done.