Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Steppenwolf

Thread: Players' form

Players' form

Hello everyone! I have a question.
    Today is exactly one year since I founded my club. I have coached over hundred players. Some where brilliant, some flopped, in the end every single non-GK player scored at least once, which is a nice record. But one thing that remains weird for me is the form of the players. Some kept getting 4, 5 and 6 on a regular basis (especially midfielders), even when they did a solid job. Also, some players got 7 or 8 in matches they weren't mentioned even ONCE!
    My questions are:
    1. How to look for a good midfielder that won't keep conceding counter attacks and earning himself cards?
    2. Are some players destined to perform poorly through their hole careers? Should I sell them after a run of 5-6 poor matches?
    3. When buying a player, is the form in his past club an important part of deciding to buy him?

VIP
    1. Pure luck...
    2. Many of them, but not all...
    3. Some people will say it matters... I bought a DC recently and he was 2-star player in former club... He was getting ratings 8 and 9 there, but he started with 6, 5, 6, 6, 6 in my team (5-star player) even when players around him play for 8...
    t11_fan likes this.

I have strongest team in forum league competition which is currently on 8th position. Last season I was champion and cup winner. My players are in bad form and even formation and tactic changes didn't help. I'll have to sell them. Downfall of 451V didn't help me either. Keep your good-form players as long as you can, sell players which are in bad form.

VIP
    If I sold this guy after poor 1st season, I would never get from him 21 goal in 24 games 2 seasons later...

Players' form-4.png

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Downfall of 451V didn't help me either.
    Can you tell me a bit more about that downfall? I have been playing 4-5-1 V-style all season and for the first time I am in a race for a treble... and the competition is stronger than ever I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRedDevil View Post
    Can you tell me a bit more about that downfall? I have been playing 4-5-1 V-style all season and for the first time I am in a race for a treble... and the competition is stronger than ever I feel.
    There is thread on forum about that.http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...g-so-well.html
    Some teams (not all) which use that formation had sudden fall of performances, so I think it is not individual (mine) problem.