Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By cookizzz
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By Staggy Stagg

Thread: checking form of new player

Famous

checking form of new player

In the past, squad 'Stats' could show recent forms of all my players including the new players. This was the method I realize the form of the new player in previous team in order to determine if I should use it immediately. Recently, such information is no longer available. I don't like this change. What do you think about this?

Now checking the auction screen before it disappears may be the last chance to obtain some information about the form of the player.
    Lukáš Ledecký likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I don't judge a player I want to buy from the rates Maybe if I see rates bellow 4-5 reconsider.
    I believe that the performance of the player in previous team has nothing to do with the future performance in my team.
    It's a kind of reset.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 11-21-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    cookizzz and jacks like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I don't judge a player I want to buy from the rates Maybe if I see rates bellow 4-5 reconsider.
    I believe that the performance of the player in previous team has nothing to do with the future performance in my team.
    It's kind of reset.
    I can't agree with you. I feel player form still affects player performances in new team. Even if the form is really reset as you believe, old form still reflect whether new player is consistent player. So I take this in consideration.

BTW, the form as shown in squad stats included performances of friendly matches. Such information about player performances could not be checked before transferring.

Addicted
    I agree with you coolkizzz, I have bought players in the past with low ratings and they have not improved in my team and I have sold them on. What annoys me is that when you buy a player with low morale, he keeps that low morale, when he should be excited and have high morale because he has been signed/headhunted and be proud to play for his new team.
    cookizzz likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Staggy Stagg View Post
    I agree with you coolkizzz, I have bought players in the past with low ratings and they have not improved in my team and I have sold them on. What annoys me is that when you buy a player with low morale, he keeps that low morale, when he should be excited and have high morale because he has been signed/headhunted and be proud to play for his new team.
    It will be more realistic if player morale generally improve on joining a new club. As I remember, new players with low morale are often in poor form (But I'm not completely sure as I always boost their morale to full before using them in a match.). If possible, I am more patient to use those poor-form new players.

You reminded me that player morale can also somehow indicate the player form in previous club, thanks.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 11-21-2014 at 08:04 AM.