Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stefan Blackwell

Thread: Team Management

Team Management

I'm curious to know how everyone manages their team in Top Eleven.

1. How do you prepare for the new season?

2. How do you prepare for League, Cup and the Champions League cup matches?

3. Do you have a full 22 man squad? (If not, let me know what you think works best or has worked best for you)

4. What strategy do you use to assign your skills points?

5. Do you stick to one formation or change it up to counter your opponent?

6. How long do you hold onto your players for?

I think you get the general idea. If you have anything else to add like tips in the transfer market, training etc then add it in. I'm just curious to know how other managers play Top Eleven, hopefully it'll teach me and other a few things in order to improve our game.
    Francesco Maiello likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Blackwell View Post

3. Do you have a full 22 man squad? (If not, let me know what you think works best or has worked best for you)

I think you get the general idea. If you have anything else to add like tips in the transfer market, training etc then add it in. I'm just curious to know how other managers play Top Eleven, hopefully it'll teach me and other a few things in order to improve our game.

1. I make sure that there are sufficient first team players for the cup matches on 1st & 2nd day. Then I gradually build the team in first half of the season.

3. yes.

5. I have a basic formation, with adequate players to support it. Usually, I do not have major alternation to the formation to counter different opponents, but I always have some in-match changes if I attend the match.

6. They can be kept for longer period in low levels because the competition is not keen and there are more fast trainer. On level up, they are generally kept for 2-5 years depending on ages, training progresses etc.

I think a long essay may be required to fully answer all your questions. Actually you can find many discussions about your questions through different posts in this forum. I would be glad if you can talk more about how you deal with these first. I believe more discussions will follow.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 12-22-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Ok, some questions for you ,
    What do you want from the game ? What can you get ? How can you support this ?

Anther three :
    Are you willing to pay for the game ? Can you do farming ? (watching videos or downloading apps for your smartphone ?) How many hours every day can you spend for that game ?
    Many of your questions you can find in the section "team showcase".
    I hope I 'll find some time now on holidays to write mine
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Blackwell View Post

I think it would be best if you define your objective & expectations for this game first. Judging from your questions (I am assuming), that you are aiming for the Treble/ Triple Crown , or at least top the League table.

Here is my response base on MY objectives:
    - Log on as soon as TE Servers are Up, reschedule or a later CUP game if its a Home match to cater for some time to perform player transfers.
    - At the end of the previous season, I would already know who would be replaced (3*-4* all out, retirees) and who to keep.
    - On the first day I would go to the scout list first to look for replacement (only 4 and 9s, 3s and 8s if I'm reallt desperate), those which I can't get from the scout list, try in the transfer market. Repeat on day 3 & 4 until my team average about mid 5* quality.

- Check/ Schedule home schedules in advance to prevent any matches too close to each other. If possible, I'll schedule them 12 hours apart.
    - Check out Opponent's team, his quality, formation, does he have SA players? Check his match history to see which formation he has won over, and which he had lost to.
    - Attend the match. Get your friends to support you in the match.
    - Do not make unnecessary changes/ substitutes in the game. The green pack is not worth it unless you are leading by a few goals.
    - Pray for a win.

- Usually no, as long as I have a substitute for every single position. Try to get players that can cover more than one Position (DL/DC, DC/DMC, AML/ML, AMR/MR/DMR..etc)

- GK (DEF + P&M), Defenders (DEF + P&M), Midfielders (ATK + P&M), Forward (ATK + P&M)

- I use to switch my formation base on a previous belief of counter formations. I would go through ALL the match history (only teams with equal quality), and list the results/formation/quality out in an excel spreadsheet, and would refer to the spreadsheet for every game, and change my formation accordingly to counter. This went on for about 15 seasons (15 tabs for 15 seasons!)
    - During one of the finals, my opponent had a 4-4-2 Classic. He had previously lost a match (but won over aggregates) to 4-4-1-1. I have not used that formation before in 15 seasons, and when I put that formation to match my players, somehow all my scouts were in the formation. From that day onwards, I have been using 4-4-1-1 for all my matches, regardless of the opponent’s formation.

- Refer to question 1, all 3* and 4* are out!
    Season 19

League Winner - Levels 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18
    Champions League Winner - Levels 2,3,5,6,10,13,15,17,18
    Cup Winner - Level 3,5,16
    Cup Quarter Finals - Levels 1,2