Thread: Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

Ok,I have 2 question right now:
    1.My midfield is very good right now,all midfielders are in good form,they have good quality and very rarely make mistakes. But no matter what opponent I face,I am dominated and he creates more chances than me,resulting in very hard wins,mainly due to my good defenders and keeper.The question is why am I dominated?
    2.My striker is 7* right now,his attack is average 90,that is the equivalent of a 9* player on my level and his physical and mental is average 81.Also he is a good performer and can very easily deliever free kicks over the wall or assist from corners.
    But he still "manages" to miss more than half of the dribblings and 1/4 of the counters. That huge for such a player. The question is again,why?

Rookie
    Does he play every game? I think he is tired, even when the bars are full they need rest sometimes.
    Bench him for a couple of games and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sven Spel View Post
    Does he play every game? I think he is tired, even when the bars are full they need rest sometimes.
    Bench him for a couple of games and see if that helps.
    He is tired of failing dribblings or what?
    I noticed a little form drop of my AML and ST after reaching the next star.As a 7* player,sometimes he is the only one capable of ripping through the opp defence and score.
    I don't think benching him would help. I have a standard 11 and no other player seems to be "tired".

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    That's my theory my friend.
    Ball possession : I usually have the ball possession but the most important is the number of shots. If I have more, I don’t worry. Sooner or later the victory will come. If I don’t, I change my formation or orders or making a sub. I don’t believe much in ball possession from tickets or many friends. I think sometimes is giving me wrong picture.
    Domination (possession) is coming more from quality of the team and secondary from the formation. It's like when a book maker giving percentage in the favourite team.
    Shots, it's coming from the most proper (counter) formation and orders and secondary the quality of the team.
    Success in shots it's coming from the quality or the form of the attackers vs the defenders and of course the luck - the roll dice of the game.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    That's my theory my friend.
    Ball possession : I usually have the ball
    possession but the most important is the number of shots. If I have more, I don’t worry. Sooner or later the victory will come. If I don’t, I change my formation or orders or making a sub. I don’t believe much in ball possession from tickets or many friends. I think sometimes is giving me wrong picture.
    Domination (possession) is coming more from quality of the team and secondary from the formation. It's like when a book maker giving percentage in the favourite team.
    Shots, it's coming from the most proper (counter) formation and orders and secondary the quality of the team.
    Success in shots it's coming from the quality or the form of the attackers vs the defenders and of course the luck - the roll dice of the game.
    Thanks for your answer. Now taking your criteria,I have both quality and form. My starting eleven is made of 5* players,3 6* players and 1 7* player.
    I usually face weaker opp and I watch every single match.Also,from experience,I know how to counter
    every formation. Talking about players' form,all of them are doing from pretty to very good. Only one MC is not that good,but he very rarely deliever passes to opp,resulting in counters and also very rarely makes faults.Like one mistake every 2/3 matches,very normal for an MC.
    Still can't get a proper explaination,I am only concerned about big matches when the domination of the opponent will turn into loses.

Dreamer
    The difference in chance creation is mainly due to formation counters. But if you constantly getting low number no matter what team you are against, your captain may be the cultprit.

The role of the captain is linked to your overall strategy. If you are playing defensive mentality, avoid using STs as captain.
    If you have AM or ST as captain you should be playing attacking mentality.
    Likewise, hard defending work best with D or GK as captain.

Aging player who have been in your team for a long time make the best captain, but more importantly is the player form as a captain with bad form can ruin the entire team.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Hi Amane. I 'm curious about your theory for the role of the captain. I didn't read anything in guides or wiki or any other older thread about how he can affect the performance of whole team. When experienced managers don't know if and how the win bonus affects the performance (which guides saying that actually does) how can we have any strong evidence about the captain role ?
    Of course most of the managers I believe using as Captain one older player of the team with great career so far.

There are some periods when my ST is out pf form. He gets maybe 7-8 but he doesn't score. The solution is given by my AMR & AML because I like to play with flanks. At least on of those two is in great form.
    Sometimes when I 'm reading other threads, I have the impression that there is a demon somewhere in levels 9-10 where someone has to fight. But I don't know this yet.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html