Thread: 4-5-1 V Nerfed?

Rookie

4-5-1 V Nerfed?

Just wondering as lately i am not getting as good results as i was (even against much weaker teams, i just barely win 1-0 or even draw!). Has anyone same problem with this formation?

show the tactic

Your formation should depend on what your opponent plays, there is no one formation to beat all others. 4-5-1 is most effective against 4-4-2 apparently.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by FC Sanguis View Post
    Your formation should depend on what your opponent plays, there is no one formation to beat all others. 4-5-1 is most effective against 4-4-2 apparently.
    Yes, i know that... but previous season and at the start of this season i used to win by huge difference (even 13-0) to weaker teams, no matter the formation they used... now... i barely get 3-4 goals max... Something has changed and dunno what (i changed my 2 MC, got 2 scouts, so results should be better). If i am playing vs a team that has score 25 and me 45, i expect a big difference and score many goals, now it looks like is not like this anymore...

yes, I had the same problem but like the previous post says I have now started adapting formations to counter opponents formations which is working.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Rookie
    Same here, but changing all the time is not good neither, it looks like players performs better when you have a steady formation ( like in real soccer). I noticed around day 9/10 something has changed!!!!

If you want to score more play 4-2-2-2 hexagon. 4-5-1 who ever say it works well against 4-4-2 please prove it to me. It don't make sense on paper and I have tried it I didn't get the results I wanted. All in all, I prefer 2-0 the best, then 1-0 over 2-1. Its better not to conceit and its dangerous when you're 2-0 up and they get 1 back shifting the momentum their way. A win is a win, I'm enjoying it more as I have total control of the game, more possession even though I average less than 3 goals/game I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioDA View Post
    Just wondering as lately i am not getting as good results as i was (even against much weaker teams, i just barely win 1-0 or even draw!). Has anyone same problem with this formation?
    had same problem
    but now beat them easily

go for
    4-5-1 flat ( both, mix, counter, def) (with ↑ for all LM/RM RB/LB .. but test that and change it during the game)
    or
    3-2W(DML/R)-2-2W-1 .. i don't have DML or DMR .. but using my LM and RB with no problem
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)