Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: League Draw????

League Draw????

Did the way they draw the leagues change?

I was drawn into a cup that at least at the moment of draw was about equal to my team avg. I was drawn into the CL with teams that are all well below me.

Today I see my league and there are 5!!! other teams close to my level AFTER all the upgrades I made. One team has a 27.7 avg (5*) which is the first time I have seen a higher rated team on my schedule.

Now all of these 5 teams are also lvl 2. I was under the impression that the league was by far the easiest of the 3 draws. In my league half the teams are in the 20's and the other half are TERRIBLE, all between 11-12 (2*). Those teams are worse than any in my lvl 1 league and the other half are significantly better than any CL or Cup team.

What gives? Have they started drawing the league with teams closer to your level or did I just get the worlds worst luck?

I am going to have to do some serious work to win this league or get very lucky?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    It has a lot to do with manager activity in the early levels, you find teams that people started and then immediately quit, along with teams like yourself who have worked really hard on their squad.

Generally the Cup starts at near same Q best 14, the CL is based on level (but [like League] might pull a higher q team a level below if uneven draw) and the League is your friends on your server in your level, and a more lax Q difference. I think they do take q into account but not like with the Cup.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-10-2015 at 05:34 AM. Reason: clarity
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It seems that since last season they have started to level out the quality and make sure there are more teams at your quality level give or take a few points. In my Lvl 18 league, there are 7 teams with greater quality by ~2 points (I am 105.5, highest is 106.9). the Average of my 13 opponents = 104.5. Only one of them won their league last season and none of them won the CL or Cup. What ruined the average was a 94.6 guy with all 32-34 year olds and I cant see ANY of his formation, most likely because this guy is inactive and going to be a bot soon. so, only one filler team, which would not bode well IF I was actually going for the title this season.

Fortunately for me, this season is a tank season to rebuild. And with 7 guys with better quality, it should be easier than normal. Just have to focus on the CL as I just got dumped out of the cup on away goals.

Just checked my lvl 17 account. he tanked last season and will go for the title this season and VOILA! he has a ton of sub-par teams in his league and this SHOULD be a cake-walk to the title. my quality is 103.8 and the average of the league is 94.8 and only one of them is above 100Q. I know the best team does not always win, but I like my chances, considering I have another account in this league, so that is 2 easy wins already, which is 6 points that can easily decide the league.

what am I saying? if you won or came top 4 in your league, i would say that you have a tougher draw in the league, with opponents closer to your own quality. If you did not get promoted, you have a normal draw with lesser quality opponents.

and just to confirm that, I checked my level 15 team that won their league last season and is tanking this season....6 teams better in quality and almost all are of the same quality. my level 16 team has 7 teams better...and he is tanking this season anyways

So it is all confirmed: The accounts that I won the league or came in top 4 are all in league with better teams, while the account I tanked with is in an easy league.

Mine is also very unbalanced
    The lowest quality is 30.2 (2*) and the highest is 42.1 (4*) and I'm in the middle , 35.7 (3*)
    So , that makes a diff. of whopping 12 quality between lowest and highest ...

Level 6 Season 6

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I had an alt team that wound up on the same level when BvB didn't promote, 2 stars q below me.. yes we we in the same league, a couple times. (but that won't happen again.. it's in OMA)

Those Leagues overall were considerably weaker than I normally have. There were only a few strong teams in those Leagues. (And were not including the season after I failed to promote, that league was harder than those with Chatty.) So I think the friends thing is first preference then maybe lowest denominator of linked teams Q, or maybe average.

And I expect the last League drawn is a mixed bunch indeed.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-10-2015 at 08:03 AM.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The top team in my league (of course my first opp) is at 27.7. The lowest is 11.7. That is a whopping 16.0 difference at lvl 2!

There are several teams under 12 and not one between 12-21. The rest are all between 21-28.

Now I would have thought my friends would be in there with me and that would have made sense cause I am friends with all the better active players from last season. But not one of them is in my league. These guys are all better than any of my friends. They are WAY better than any lvl 1 player I saw last season and a few of them won their league with two other cup winners.

My League:

1. Me (Chelsea USA) avg 26.6 won league and cup
    2. Diego Repetti avg 24.3 won league and cup
    3. Murilo Madrid avg 27.7 won league (has 65k seat arena and started game on 1/16/15, either spends a FORTUNE or cheats somehow)
    4. Deportivo Toluca avg 23.3 won cup
    5. Igor FC avg 24.7 3rd in cup (Not promoted)
    6. Diablos FC avg 25.6 won league
    7. kk wu FC avg 22.9 3rd in league
    8. Marcos FC avg 21.5 (Not promoted)
    9. LD avg 11.9 won league (like to see what league that crap can win)
    10. Chinese letters avg 11.9 not promoted
    11. Mega Jakarta avg 11.9 2nd in league (same)
    12. Duy Thien avg 11.7 5th in league
    13. vandenberg FC avg 11.7 (not promoted)
    14. Chinese avg 11.8 7th in league

Top 8 teams avg 25.6
    Last 6 teams avg 11.8

Keep in mind that the highest rated team outside of me in the 32 team CL is just over a 16!!!!! In my Cup the 2nd highest is 20.0! I have 7 other teams in my league that are better than ALL 158 other teams I was drawn against and not one is in my friends list.
    Last edited by David Grizzle; 02-10-2015 at 02:55 PM.

This is my league :-

1) Me (NagpurBlues FC) :- Avg 35.7 -----> Last Season, 1st in League
    2) hirka fc :- avg. 32.7 -------> Last Season , 5th in League
    3) RuiRongng FC :- avg 34.6 ------> Last Season , 4th in League
    4) Afex FC :- avg 34.6 ------> Last Season , 6th in League
    5) Frigo FC :- avg. 41.0 -----> Last Season , 2nd in League
    6) Joaquim FC :- avg 36.4 -----> Last season , 6th in league
    7) Sahin FC :- avg 35.4 -----> Last Season , 7th in League
    8) Emre FC :- avg 34.8 -----> Last season , 5th in League
    9) Jesper FC :- avg 30.1 (Lowest) -----> Last Season , 5th in League
    10) Mohammad FC :- avg 32.6 ------> Last Season , 5th in league
    11) Kalidrya FC :- avg 35.7 ------> Last season , 5th in League
    12) FC Balalaikka :- avg 42.1 (Highest) ------> Last Season , 4th in league (Surprising!)
    13) Shaolin Soccer :- avg 36.1 ------> Last Season , 1st in League (I just defeated him 3-0 :P )

So the lowest is 30.1 and highest is 42.1 and 8 teams have quality lesser than mine , 1 has quality equal to mine and 4 have quality greater than mine , so seeing all this , i would predict myself to finish in top 3 , and if possible , win the league
    Last edited by Soham_NagpurBluesFC; 02-10-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Level 6 Season 6

Hi,I've been promoted to level 22 in this season. At the beginning of season my quality was about 127.

Since many friends of mine,who were at level 22 last season,tanked,and their quality level is over 132,now i'm in a league with all strong teams (friends and not friends),so that I had to enforce my team ,arriving at 132,2 now.

On the other side,some 22 level friends of mine,having 120 quality ,are in a very low league,completed also by teams,relocated from level 21 to level 22 since classified at position 8 last season.

The advantage of playing in a strong league, once I have a team compatible with this challenge, is that Cup tournement,always difficult for me, is now compatible with my league quality (which is similar).

Last season my Cup level was 23,while my league level was 21 .

This season my Cup level has remained equal to 23,while my league level is 22 .

So i may try to continue this tournment too,with high resources and trainment optimization
    Last edited by Matteo de Clemente; 02-11-2015 at 11:43 AM.

2 similar threads so i'll just copy link of my comment:
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post323977
    Ex top eleven player

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post

So it is all confirmed: The accounts that I won the league or came in top 4 are all in league with better teams, while the account I tanked with is in an easy league.
    I won the treble 2 seasons ago, last season every team had a higher rating than me most by one * if not two.
    So I finished 11th last season.
    This season, with no promotion I'm the lowest rated team in the league again.
    I would love some lesser quality opponents!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast