Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison

Thread: Unfair Cup

Unfair Cup

Hi,
    Recently I've played the cup final and lost, but that's not the problem, the issue is the opponent I was facing, he was lvl 6 while I am lvl 5 and of course his squad is way better than mine, and the weird thing is that our average player quality is about the same, maybe this is because that he don't have good subs except one I think. Unfair Cup-untitled.jpgUnfair Cup-untitled2.jpgUnfair Cup-untitled3.jpgUnfair Cup-untitled4.jpg

Bottom line this is was totally unfair, I don't mind losing at all as long as it fair and square, but this...is totally unacceptable.
    Last edited by ZA LLim; 03-06-2015 at 07:36 PM.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Your opponent made his team that way to get a better Cup draw. The Cup is like that, not always fair, even though you start season at near Quality, but if they are levels above it is hard to beat them. If you have an above average team it is more likely to face levels above in Cup. I have faced teams 3 levels above, which really was impossible. It is also dependant on how many teams exist on the server above you when you get near the top.

Totally unacceptable? It's an improvement from the original system, which had huge level differences. But all teams of the same level would really be boring, a copy of CL or League. What would you suggest?

Since this isn't a bug I moved your post.

Addicted
    My thoughts are that it should be based on 32 teams from each of 4 levels (level 9,10,11 and 12 for example) and a random draw, like round 3 of the FA Cup. This could match level 12v12, 9v9 etc and give lower level teams a chance to get through and also a giant-killing possibility if you get a 9v11 game. This should add a bit of spice to the cup and also give the higher level teams a chance to win the cup and the lower level teams good expeience of playing good teams. Currently most players aren't bothered about the cup and it is detracting from the enjoyment of the game.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    That would be better, though I think at upper levels it might not work out for even draw since there is so many fewer teams, though with the current system the possible level difference is the same, pretty much the worst you can have is 3 above unless you are top of server. I am one of those that aren't much bothered about the Cup since I pretty much always lose, and would like it to change, too.
    Staggy Stagg likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Addicted
    Forgot to mention that my new team, level 3, won the cup this season and this is the first time any one of my teams has won the cup since season 24 of my main team and that was 2 years ago.

Addicted
    I agree Cat, the cup doesn't bother me either. I just let the games run and a win is a bonus. It is only if I am lucky enough to get through to the last 16 do I start to get interested and that does not happen very often. As I have mentioned in other posts, my main team is level 33 and has played for 50 seasons, I won the cup regularly in the old format but have not won since season 24.