Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Chris Rath

Thread: bank loans

Addicted

bank loans

By watching videos, I have obtained a large collection of tokens, which I would like to use to obtain better players. But, if I aim for 5 star, young players, I will quickly run out of money after getting about 3 players. Is it wise to use tokens for bank loans? Or should I just try to get money through the buying and auctioning of free agents? (I'm level 2, so a free agent is, at best, a 4 star player.

Dreamer
    WOW. I am in the opposite situation, cash rich token poor.

Cash is easy to get on here (less so at the lowest levels) but tokens are the real currency. I didn't think anybody really used the cash for tokens option, but it appears I am wrong. I don't think they are loans though, you don't have to repay it, do you?

If you've got tokens to spare (I'm jealous) and need the cash, why not?

If you can get FAs on your server for 1 or 2 tokens... do it.... all the FAs on my server go fifteen round....
    I'd rather take the guaranteed money from the bank.... but that's my server's sitrep!
    Newark City

Season 1 - 4th Place.... but hey....

until round 5 i had to borrow money from bank to get a good team. tokens were not the issue for me. this season the money is flowing. but part of that is because i skipped younger players for older players and made some money on the conversion.

Traided 2x 85T for 2x 6.4M £ to buy 8 new players (3 scouts and 5 youngsters).. earned the Tokens from watching videos and completing surveys (took me 4-5 days)....

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

If you are going to get promoted or even reach CL (and think that you will also get it with your current team), I would wait for the new season with a token-cash investment, because next season in a higher league you get twice the money for the same amount of tokens.
    Kyroshill and tarcanes92 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    If you are going to get promoted or even reach CL (and think that you will also get it with your current team), I would wait for the new season with a token-cash investment, because next season in a higher league you get twice the money for the same amount of tokens.
    +1, good point there!

I did it only because I´m aiming to win the Champions League this season =)
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    You also get more money per game (league, cup, CL) but everything costs more. The players you need cost more. Well more precisely, what you were paying for a 4* you have to pay for a 3*. So, why wait? Yes you get more for your tokens, but less for your money. If you can get some good investment players, ones that will survive the drop in star level when you get promoted, then it is worth buying.

I tend to go for older players at the end of the season then release them. They are cheap, highly skilled and do their job. But they are injury prone and likely to retire on you, but who cares about retirement, you're gonna get shot of them anyway, it's cheaper if they retire.

Going further in the cup really helps, I was just in the quarter final and the competition income was 4 million!!
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Tee View Post
    You also get more money per game (league, cup, CL) but everything costs more. The players you need cost more. Well more precisely, what you were paying for a 4* you have to pay for a 3*. So, why wait? Yes you get more for your tokens, but less for your money. If you can get some good investment players, ones that will survive the drop in star level when you get promoted, then it is worth buying.
    If you get promoted, as you said, your current 4* players turn into 3* players and they get a year older. Thus they drop in market value and development rate. So for the same price you can get a one year younger player with same quality (quality remains, only the league star standard changes) if you wait until the start of the new season.

And with doubled money for tokens, you can for example sign now one 25 year old 4* with quality 24 or wait until the start and sign for the same money two 25 years old 3*, each with quality 24. The old season buy turns 26 and is rated in the higher league as 3* with quality 24. Conclusion: You used the token <-> cash function better with waiting a few days.

This example does not consider bidding wars at the start of the new season (which are to avoid), actual goals this season and I agree with you that if you find a player that is really for sale now (sale price far under market value) can worth an investment as well as quality (high growth) free transfers close to 4*.
    But generally you get more quality for your tokens with waiting a few days.
    Last edited by Chris Rath; 03-01-2013 at 06:52 AM.