Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Sully
  • 1 Post By Gert Funck
  • 2 Post By BridgeGoth

Thread: Player form. Any way to pump it?

Player form. Any way to pump it?

I'ma a newbie, 2nd level. I have a very nice goalkeeper, he is fast trainer and cost tons of money. But he performs just bad. It's nearly end of season, he played every game and only once he got rating 8, every other game it was 7 or below (I would say its 60% 7, and everything else is 6 or even 5).
    Here are my questions:
    1)Are there any ways to improve player form?
    2)Could it be that in a good teams (I'm in a very weak league, right now I won all of my 22 games, ended in semifinal in a cup and will play CL final soon) goalkeeper just meant to have low ratings? Maybe average rating of 6.5 is not so bad?
    3)Could it be that his form will never go up and he is just not a player for my team?
    Because right now I am thinking of selling him, I was waiting whole season for his ratings to improve, and only one "8" in 40+ matches clearly seems not good enough.

it is rare for a GK to get consistent high ratings of 7 or 8 and a rare 9

The fact is Nordeus has issues with rating GK the same as outfield players. They cant even differentiate them in terms of statistics. They dont have saves/penalties stopped/goals allowed etc....stats you would want to see before actually buying a GK.

All that to say: dont worry about ratings of 6-7 for a GK. 4-5 and you just sit him because he lost his "motivation" and is completely out of his stash of unicorn farts. Just send out invites for a bunga-bunga party and you will see his morale increase exponentially.

I have had class keepers performing 5-7 in long streeks, say 7-8 matches. low rating yes. but in these streeks no goals where concived. so you got to ask if rating does matter?
    Actually I some times se lower skillset get better ratings, but not game changing influence. Sorry if I just confuessed you even more.

in short! Don't put to much into rating

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

LOL. if you have a GK with 5-6 rating, buy a new one and rest himin bench for next season. Nothing happen to you if you play with bot or inactive player, but he can suddenly have a 4 and you will definitly loss this matches.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Famous
    Many goalkeepers performs well for a period and then performs badly for a long time.

If he's fast trainer, suggest you being patience, keeping him at bench and waiting until next season.

Why in earth should you buy a new keeper, when you have the best in the league?

Player form. Any way to pump it?-keeper.jpg
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    2)Could it be that in a good teams (I'm in a very weak league, right now I won all of my 22 games, ended in semifinal in a cup and will play CL final soon) goalkeeper just meant to have low ratings? Maybe average rating of 6.5 is not so bad?
    You 're right. I also have a good team (of 5*-6*), I win my leagues and accepting very few goals every season.
    I have only one GK and he usually gets rates of 6-7. Sometimes an 8 and rarely a 5.
    A GK in a good team with good defenders is more "useless" so the game doesn't give a rate because he keep his posts untouched but how active and effective he is.
    If he starts getting 4 & 5s then it's dangerous to loose any future game so must bench asap.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Keepers often times get a 6 because they had nothing to do. If your defense plays very well, and you aren't playing a strong team, he might see no tough shots the whole match.
    I think an "average" keeper will score about 6.5, but it's hard to judge because it's dependent on other factors.
    My keeper right now averages 6.8, I've had him for 5 seasons and he's always been really good. I tried to replace him with an 18yr old super fast trainer, who didn't do well at all, so I went back to this guy, and he's still been good.

So keepers, really the only way to judge is the eye test. When you play vs good teams does he stop their corners and counter attacks? Does he let in cheap long range goals?
    No other good way to evaluate your keeper imo.