Thread: shot accuracy

shot accuracy

is there a way to improove shots on target im currently level 13 with 81 star players and so far this season played twice in cup.
    1. i won 1-0 but 23 shots only 3 on target
    2. i drew 0-0 18 shots 5 on target

currently play 4-4-2

Adjust your passing style and formations, sometimes its just due to opposing defenders having high positioning and maerking. Check your fk takers, are they your best option. Sometimes you just erun into defenders/gks with good form.

Dreamer
    Aside from keeping players in good form, i haven't found a consistent answer to that one.

It doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with your shooters. As HoofDaddy implies Shots not on target does not mean they were off target, it can mean they were on target but were stopped/blocked/deflected by an opposition player that was not the last defender/gk. But you probably know that.

To get more shots on target your guys need more space. If faced with a packed defence then playing defensive counterattacking can sometimes help pull opponents defence up the park and get more fast breaks and 1on1s - what works depends on what you think his orders are. But I do find that if it was the right choice then def c-a can produce a high percentage of shots on target even when shots are fewer - it can produce a high corner count too. Sometimes it might be all out attack or other options thats best.

I don't see much difference in the ratio of on/off target shots between myself and opponents even when I am dramatically superior. What I do see is that even though they may be close in both categories my shots on target go into the net and theirs do not.

What is really baffling to me is the ratings of my GK. My last game my opponent had 6 shots on target, my keeper saved 4, got a clean sheet, and a rating of 6. WTF is that? Why on earth do keepers ratings suck so hard?

I had that problem with CM and DM as well and all that I ended up needing were better performing players at the spots. I was getting dud after dud and then suddenly found a gem who has a whole lot more 8's than 6's.

Some players just bust while others flourish. When season 2 started is when I started buying my expensive Nordgens and fast training them to all 6-7*'s I hit right off the bat with my 2 ST's and 2 CB's as well as a LW/AM but the rest of the roster has been slowly patched together with many busts.

I am finally to the point where all I need now is a GK (I just found me an 18yr old $6.5M lvl 4 GK who I am testing) and a LB (I have a good performer but he is the only one of the ten starting outfield players who is 22+ and is worth by far the least. I am not so much looking to dump him as find someone who has those couple extra years, value, and fast training in him. His great form and being the lone defensive wall make him too hard to unseat even if I did find a candidate.

It took me the longest to find a RB. It was more than half way into last season when an 16 yr old nordgen RB popped up at reset one night and he has been an absolute monster

Quote Originally Posted by David Grizzle View Post
    I don't see much difference in the ratio of on/off target shots between myself and opponents even when I am dramatically superior. What I do see is that even though they may be close in both categories my shots on target go into the net and theirs do not.

What is really baffling to me is the ratings of my GK. My last game my opponent had 6 shots on target, my keeper saved 4, got a clean sheet, and a rating of 6. WTF is that? Why on earth do keepers ratings suck so hard?

I had that problem with CM and DM as well and all that I ended up needing were better performing players at the spots. I was getting dud after dud and then suddenly found a gem who has a whole lot more 8's than 6's.

Some players just bust while others flourish. When season 2 started is when I started buying my expensive Nordgens and fast training them to all 6-7*'s I hit right off the bat with my 2 ST's and 2 CB's as well as a LW/AM but the rest of the roster has been slowly patched together with many busts.

I am finally to the point where all I need now is a GK (I just found me an 18yr old $6.5M lvl 4 GK who I am testing) and a LB (I have a good performer but he is the only one of the ten starting outfield players who is 22+ and is worth by far the least. I am not so much looking to dump him as find someone who has those couple extra years, value, and fast training in him. His great form and being the lone defensive wall make him too hard to unseat even if I did find a candidate.

It took me the longest to find a RB. It was more than half way into last season when an 16 yr old nordgen RB popped up at reset one night and he has been an absolute monster
    Don't know it was to you but I said recently some saves are good some are bad - the Lord God Nordeus giveth and taketh away. Similarly some shots on target are good some are bad.