Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BridgeGoth
  • 2 Post By David Grizzle

Thread: So many bots!

So many bots!

Hey, so I started playing a week ago because my friend got me into this game. However, I feel like I understand it pretty well reading what's on the forum here. Since I joined mid-season. All of my games before that point were pre-simulated (including the cup, in which I apparently lost in the qualifying). I checked the draw for the last 16, and look what I see. 14 out of the 16 were bots! How is this even possible? Did players just quit mid cup and were replaced? Or does the game just make it impossible to beat bots? I feel like it would be good to give actual human players a chance at winning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So many bots!-screen-shot-2015-04-18-10.26.30-am.jpg  

Dreamer
    You play mostly vs bots the 1st season, after that there will be few, if any, bots.
    Think of season 1 as like a tutorial, and afterwards once you make season 2, you start playing vs real people.

Ditto to BridgeGoth. The first season is full of new players who more often than not quit early and end up bots.

Once the 2nd season starts the teams are mostly all real players although they still don't know what they are doing with a few exceptions. The players get smarter and teams more talentend.

This is a very fun game but be prepared to either sink an awful lot of your time, or your own money into the game if you want to win trophies.

Think of it as real life before financial fair play. You have the teams living within their means who have to work harder and be a bit lucky to win a lot, then you have the rich foreign owners who sink billions into the team.

Call me Roman Abromovich lol
    pcmacdaniel and Paul Dahlin like this.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of worrying things on this forum about how much real money it can take to maintain your team and win trophies. However, I know you'll say that one day I'll give in, but I'm not gonna spend any money on it. When it gets too bad, I'll just quit, however addictive it is. So far I've bought a 27 rated scout through offers and videos (even installed a virus on my computer by accident, thankfully I was able to remove it). I know that those won't last forever, so when I just can't, I'll quit.

Oh and thanks for the info. I've noticed players quitting my league, getting replaced by bots, and then getting replaced by players again
    Last edited by EmilZ; 04-18-2015 at 10:06 PM.

WTF My comment got deleted twice. Whatever, not gonna write it out again. Thanks for the info guys

Famous
    At level 1, the game needs to produce a large enough quantity of bot teams per server, so there is a team for a new player to manage.

As stated above once you reach level 2, you'll be facing real people. Although, most the teams you'll face the next couple/few seasons are managed by real people, in most cases it'll be like playing against bots. Several players log-in like once or only play the game for a week or two before not accessing the app again; these accounts stay active for something like 90 days. It provides a great opportunity to pad that trophy case, maybe even win a triple crown

Its kind of funny when these teams fail to promote and you draw them in the league. They won't have renewed contracts, average player age upwards of 30, will have players playing out of position and/or not have key positions (striker, goalie, etc...) on the roster. You'll see them at higher levels too, but at lower levels they might sit around 9th in the league instead of dead last.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 04-18-2015 at 11:31 PM.

At my level, 5, there are still quite a few inactives. In addition to the aforementioned, they will almost always have a really high $ budget with low team value.

Here's the 4th place team from my league lol.
    So many bots!-4thplace.jpgSo many bots!-4th2.jpg

And the 6th place.
    So many bots!-6th.jpg

If you play squad management and watch your Q lvl, you can manipulate easier competition. You can do this and win without pulling the 7 scout 14 man squad trick although that is probably the most efficient for league and CL but your cup is at risk.

It's the price you pay for having a full squad of old 5* - harder competition. I can wait for the higher leagues if I want every league match to be a challenge lol. I like having a diverse squad of 2*-6* players. It just feels more real. The money you lose from competing in lower paying competitions is offset by a lower wage scale and greater chance of success in all 3 comps. Until they fix their ladder/promotion/relegation, I can't see much reason in maxing out your whole team's SP every season when you can be at 4.9/9.9 2 star overall Q and have an starting eleven of 4/5 stars.