Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By cookizzz
  • 1 Post By David Grizzle
  • 1 Post By cookizzz

Thread: Proper Age To Sell Players?

Proper Age To Sell Players?

What is the best age to sell players so that I'm able to make good profit and buy a younger player? Right now i'm looking to sell a 25 year old DC, he is my captain but I'm starting to replace the old guys of this season and buy youngsters of next season.

Famous
    I just consider usefulnesses of players and general replacement cycle of my team, not players‘ ages. Players should be considered to be sold in contract end season to avoid unnecessary signing fee.
    kynan and nikolgiorgos like this.

Yeah 3 years and out for me, except a couple I renewed for cheap in their 2nd year and i'll probably resign my top scorer at the start of next season after he depreciates a bit.

No hard rule on this. It totally depends on how well he performs, If he can still grow enough to remain productive (assuming you promote). It depends on if you are a token buyer or live on 35 plus some freebies.

At the lower levels money can be tight if you don't spend real money but as you get to higher levels you tend to have plenty. I have a 22 man roster with an avg age of just under 20. But that doesn't mean that i throw away older players automatically.

What I am doing is buying all teenage nordgens, training them up, and I plan to keep the squad together for as long as I possibly can. I want to not only have a huge trophy case but a hall of fame with players who started several hundred games together and a couple guys who scored 600+ goals in their career.

But I pay cash to make that happen. Not everyone can do that.

On a strict budget the best way to go is to is to buy cheap older players near 6* every season and compete the best you can.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I just consider usefulnesses of players and general replacement cycle of my team, not players‘ ages. Players should be considered to be sold in contract end season to avoid unnecessary signing fee.
    For further information, the replacement cycle depends on how hard you push your team's quality up, and this in turn depends on your resources (token, money etc.) Generally, the maximum will be the contract end years (3,5,7,etc.) I believe you know players grow quickly only up to early to mid twenties. They will not increase in market values after this period. That's probably you want to know more. I think the most important consideration is whether the players are still useful for the team. But I can hint you that players usually grow much slower on reaching age 22.

Quote Originally Posted by David Grizzle View Post
    ... At the lower levels money can be tight if you don't spend real money but as you get to higher levels you tend to have plenty. I have a 22 man roster with an avg age of just under 20. But that doesn't mean that i throw away older players automatically.
    That's correct for very low levels. But I would like hint the mangers who have not yet reached levels about 14 or 15 that shortage of money will gradually become an important issue. Building a stadium before the team cannot afford is important to keep the team to survive longer, well, without real money investment.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    What I am doing is buying all teenage nordgens, training them up, and I plan to keep the squad together for as long as I possibly can. I want to not only have a huge trophy case but a hall of fame with players who started several hundred games together and a couple guys who scored 600+ goals in their career.
    I like the way you 're thinking - ok, 600 goals is too much
    be my guest to visit my post, a homage to a player
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...tml#post337808
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    Selling players with a *4 or *9 rating is generally easy, but, once they hit 30 year old it gets very hard. Players who are lower rankings will be difficult to sell mid season. I will buy anyone under 30 that meets my requirements and is *8 or *9. Again it is harder to sell players mid season that do not have a *4 or *9 rating. I have a youth product rating 172 and fast trainer but will not sell mid season and I may have to keep and not play or sack. The higher you get the harder it is to sell players, but on the other hand it is easier to buy players with 1 token if you get the timing right.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeenenwali View Post
    What is the best age to sell players so that I'm able to make good profit and buy a younger player? Right now i'm looking to sell a 25 year old DC, he is my captain but I'm starting to replace the old guys of this season and buy youngsters of next season.
    As long as you can keep the player 5* or better, why bother selling him? As soon as I see him not able to make that 5* target I make sure I build up enough skill points to give him a special ability OR if he already has an SA, build up enough to put him one skill point from the next star. Either way, it makes for a simpler sell, no matter what age.

I am not tanking with this account:

FYI, refer to the scale, highlighted in green at top right for Quality. Purple is 6* scout. Blue is 7* etc

Right now, on this account, this player Munkarndee (highlighted in yellow) has a 29YO ST (109Q) who is currently 5* with 30 skill points (hightlighted in red). no SA, but only 1 skill point from 110Q and only needs 20 more skill points for 1v1 SA. As you can see, I color code everything with formulas. When his age is red I want to sell in most cases. It turns red at 28yo. I turns yellow at 25, which gives me a warning to start looking for a replacement.

He should make it to 50 skill points by the first few games of next season when he goes down to 4* when I either come in second or win the league. I have the choice of keeping him with 1v1, give him 1 skill point to bring him back up to 5*, or sell him as a 30YO (109Q) with 1v1 on the cheap and buy a new 18yo ST to replace him in the tanking year that follows.

I have another example like that on another account:

I am tanking with this account and lineup.

Focus on Koube, the 26yo AMR/MR, highlighted in yellow on the far right. I have been waiting for an 18/19/20yo AMR/MR to appear on the transfer list or neg list since the start of this season, almost 3 weeks now. He is my oldest player but when I hand out the skill points, he will go from 101Q to 107Q as you might be able to see. He has 91 skill points as of this morning as it shows highlighted in red.

Since I am tanking, I will most likely keep saving skill points so I can give him Shadow Striker or Dribbler and then give out the rest of the skill points to take him one skill point from 105Q (because I wont make another 75 skill points before the end of this season).
    I bring this up because I cannot find another younger player at his position that is worth selling this guy. He is not the fastest trainer but he is up there, which is good for 26yo. As I take 50 skill points away for the SA, that leaves 41 which according to that matrix, leaves 12 more to 5* 105Q. That is going to happen before the end of the season, so I could bump him up to 5* and give him the SA, which should make him an easy sell at 27yo, especially if I go for Shadow Striker.

FYI, I keep spreadsheets like this to make life easy. I know who I need to replace and why, as well as who is a faster trainer and, most importantly, how many skill points to any level. The top 3 and bottom columns tell me what players to use for the freekicks and corners and also where to improve them.

Anyways, to sum it all up, I sell usually after the age of 25 simply because they start to decrease in the the amount of skill points they produce each day, unless they are the fast trainers. But some players just dont want you to sell them and stay 5* players. Why get rid of a 5* player unless you can replace him with a 6* player. Since I dont buy tokens, I have to tank to get 5/6/7* players, so I make sure I am efficient when it comes to using my tokens.

Dont sell unless you can replace him with a better player or one with more potential.
    Last edited by Sully; 04-25-2015 at 08:44 AM.