Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sully

Thread: An interesting problem

Dreamer

An interesting problem

So I am in the CL semi finals.... playing vs a team of all scouts and 7 stars, all with abilities, and he's about a star better than me average.

I play 451V with normal, down the flanks, own half, normal, mixed, zonal, with offside trap.

He plays 4222 Narrow Diamond.

The first leg is at home.... the result... a 4-0 win?

This was of course most unexpected. Now the question is, what do I do the second leg?
    What does one do with a 4-0 advantage, and owning all tie breakers, vs a clearly superior team?
    I could run the same tactics since they clearly worked like a charm, but is there any foolproof way to hold this lead?

Thanks!

id play the same as the first leg and switch to a hard defensive formation if they score first. If you score first, id drop it from 451v to 4141 and adjust tactics to maintain possession advantage.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    When I 'm playing in the last knock out rounds of CH.L. or Cup, I always checking the formations my oppo using in previous games. So, if he is using the same (or about the same) formation, I would use again 4-5-1 V (which is my favorite formation against stronger teams).
    But with def/counters, without offside. The logic says that he 'll start with attack - what else he has to loose- so I would take advantage of my counters.
    Another important thing at this stage, is to protect my players with yellow cards, so when I 'm comfort with the first leg, I keep them out of the game.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 04-28-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    When I 'm playing in the last knock out rounds of CH.L. or Cup, I always checking the formations my oppo using in previous games. So, if he is using the same (or about the same) formation, I would use again 4-5-1 V (which is my favorite formation against stronger teams).
    But with def/counters, without offside. The logic says that he 'll start with attack - what else he has to loose- so I would take advantage of my counters.
    Another important thing at this stage, is to protect my players with yellow cards, so when I comfort with the first leg, I keep them out of the game.
    I agree, but be carefull relaxing keyplayers (best skills) because this could tip the balance and be a catastrofi.
    I would take those out if your scored first goal, and/or when pretty sure of advangement

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    So I am in the CL semi finals.... playing vs a team of all scouts and 7 stars, all with abilities, and he's about a star better than me average.

I play 451V with normal, down the flanks, own half, normal, mixed, zonal, with offside trap.

He plays 4222 Narrow Diamond.

The first leg is at home.... the result... a 4-0 win?

This was of course most unexpected. Now the question is, what do I do the second leg?
    What does one do with a 4-0 advantage, and owning all tie breakers, vs a clearly superior team?
    I could run the same tactics since they clearly worked like a charm, but is there any foolproof way to hold this lead?

Thanks!
    if it aint broke.....

The problem is you will kick yourself if you change something and he beats you by 5 goals.

But the most important thing is to ensure you score an away goal, which would mean that he would have to score 6 goals instead of 4 or 5 to win. You scored 4 with the current setup, no reason to think you could not score one more.

I would not change anything...that being said, he will be at home and have a possession advantage, but all that means nothing if you score a goal.

I would jack up the win bonus to full and stay the same and take my chances. good luck
    Gert Funck likes this.

Stay with what worked until you need to change. He's probably rolling around screaming Troll!, keep the pressure on him >.<