Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By July Fourth

Thread: TIP: How to stop auto assign to promote a player to the next star!

TIP: How to stop auto assign to promote a player to the next star!

How to stop auto assign to promote a player to the next star!

Everyone is getting annoyed about not being able to sell players when auto assign promotes a player to the next star since you are looking to sell the player on at the beginning of the new seasons.

All you have to do is this...

LEARN NEW ROLE or SPECIAL ABILITY. Focus your player to add points to this.

Your player will then add points to the role/ability instead of adding to the skill areas to promote to the next star. Of course you can't stack the points anymore but it's a way to stop promoting players to the next star.

Of course this won't work for triple role players that already have an special ability since they cannot train another.

You aren't looking to train the role/ability so it doesn't matter if you don't complete it.

It is as easy is this.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-01-2015 at 07:53 PM.
    Gert Funck and reddeviljohn like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I have been using this tactic myself without thinking it needed to be posted. Guess I probably should have.

I discovered early that the game will defer all points to SA, then positiion, and finally to skills. It can be a good thing in cases like this where you don't want the player to reach his next *

It can also be a pain when you want to decide how much to put into training SA/Pos vs skills. My GK has basically not advanced at all this season because he is still working on 1on1 stopping for example.

July, how on earth did you manage 15 cup wins. That is better than 1/3. Technically I am at 50% now but I won the first two seasons by drastically improving my squad after the draw. If I did that every season I would have to tear my team apart and rebuild too much for my taste.

I want to keep the core of my team together for 10 seasons or so but also compete in the cup. So far that is not working too well. I figure I can maybe win a 3rd next season by training the starters all from 6* at the start to 8-9* as fast as I can and hope I hang on the first round or two until I get them there........But you can't do that every season and it isn't a guarantee either.........I am holding that card to try for my 1st triple crown. I should have had that in season 2 but I got a really rough league draw and then trolled in the CL final making the cup my only silverware that season.

1st season I came in after it started and was very lucky to get a team that didn't get knocked out the first round. Then lucky again to escape the next two rounds while I figured the game out. After that I had made the side good enough to cruise the rest of the way. Season 2 I built the core of my team from Nordgen fast trainers mostly on day 1. I have added a couple more pieces since then and my star ST was actually signed at the end of season 1 on a random day reset where the game decided to dump a fast trainer ST on the market.

20/22 of my players are either Nordgen fast trainers or academy products. Only my FB's don't fit the mold. For some damn reason I can't get any of them to stick. The ones who play well are less valuable players I picked up randomly. I have a RB who I thought was one and had a great 1st season but fell apart this season. He lost his job and the replacement is worth about half as much but has got 8/8/7/8 ratings since taking over.

Here are my stats this season:

TIP: How to stop auto assign to promote a player to the next star!-stats-5-1-15.jpg

TIP: How to stop auto assign to promote a player to the next star!-roster-5-1-15.jpgTIP: How to stop auto assign to promote a player to the next star!-team-value-5-1-15.jpg
    Last edited by David Grizzle; 05-01-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Grizzle View Post
    I have been using this tactic myself without thinking it needed to be posted. Guess I probably should have.

I discovered early that the game will defer all points to SA, then positiion, and finally to skills. It can be a good thing in cases like this where you don't want the player to reach his next *

It can also be a pain when you want to decide how much to put into training SA/Pos vs skills. My GK has basically not advanced at all this season because he is still working on 1on1 stopping for example.

July, how on earth did you manage 15 cup wins. That is better than 1/3. Technically I am at 50% now but I won the first two seasons by drastically improving my squad after the draw. If I did that every season I would have to tear my team apart and rebuild too much for my taste.

I want to keep the core of my team together for 10 seasons or so but also compete in the cup. So far that is not working too well. I figure I can maybe win a 3rd next season by training the starters all from 6* at the start to 8-9* as fast as I can and hope I hang on the first round or two until I get them there........But you can't do that every season and it isn't a guarantee either.........I am holding that card to try for my 1st triple crown. I should have had that in season 2 but I got a really rough league draw and then trolled in the CL final making the cup my only silverware that season.

1st season I came in after it started and was very lucky to get a team that didn't get knocked out the first round. Then lucky again to escape the next two rounds while I figured the game out. After that I had made the side good enough to cruise the rest of the way. Season 2 I built the core of my team from Nordgen fast trainers mostly on day 1. I have added a couple more pieces since then and my star ST was actually signed at the end of season 1 on a random day reset where the game decided to dump a fast trainer ST on the market.

20/22 of my players are either Nordgen fast trainers or academy products. Only my FB's don't fit the mold. For some damn reason I can't get any of them to stick. The ones who play well are less valuable players I picked up randomly. I have a RB who I thought was one and had a great 1st season but fell apart this season. He lost his job and the replacement is worth about half as much but has got 8/8/7/8 ratings since taking over.

Here are my stats this season:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stats 5-1-15.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	43977

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roster 5-1-15.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	43978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Team value 5-1-15.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	43979
    I won the majority of my Cups while I spent around a year or so at the top of my old server before there was a reshuffle 6 seasons ago, meaning we had the best team on my server and it allowed me to win a lot of my cups in a short period of time, Now that I was moved to a different and older server, opportunities have been very limited for us and it was not to this season I was able to win the Cup again (for the 16th time.) with improving my squad during the 3rd week of the season as I sensed my opportunity to win the Cup and of course another treble.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by David Grizzle View Post
    Its been well known and used by several on here for a while. Its been posted about a few times too.

July just likes to be seen as the saviour and expert on the game though, so will dress this up as his idea to try and look good.

Don't let July's mask fool you though - this is the real him -

Last edited by kynan; 05-02-2015 at 12:02 AM.

any news about auto asign on web version already?^^

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback