Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Financial Doping - "real money" players.

Financial Doping - "real money" players.

Do people consider spending real money on this game "financial doping" as Arsene Wenger called it. At the time of writing I am in Level 2. There is a team in the league that looks like they are going to be unbeatable (I was close to beating them but I went all out for the win and lost in the last minute!). The team is littered with players that are 5 and even six star. The team value is twice as much as mine.

Does this take the fun out of the game and make it inequitable?

Should there be leagues where players have "money leagues" only so the rest of the players playing without spending real money will have a fair league?

Quote Originally Posted by An Bainisteoir View Post
    Do people consider spending real money on this game "financial doping" as Arsene Wenger called it. At the time of writing I am in Level 2. There is a team in the league that looks like they are going to be unbeatable (I was close to beating them but I went all out for the win and lost in the last minute!). The team is littered with players that are 5 and even six star. The team value is twice as much as mine.

Should there be leagues where players have "money leagues" only so the rest of the players playing without spending real money will have a fair league?
    6 stars is nothing, there are often teams with 7 and 8 stared players, so to answer your quesion.

Yes! Top11 is a business looking for profit guess thats just how it is. You can still learn to compete without spending real money, but it is very hard to win anything

If I remember currectly.. there was a 20 token league started up, I haven't heard much from it, so I don't know if it still excists or how to join
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 05-11-2015 at 08:51 PM.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    just one team like that cannot spoil the fun of the game - except if you mean winning the championship.

You can go also for a prize - a silver or bronze plate, or 4th position which leads to Champions League.
    You can go for some more rounds in the Cup, where this team would be with much stronger opponents than yours.
    You can find - add some friends with the same quality and style of playing and being in the same future leagues.
    You can tank (stay in purpose in the same league) and get stronger.
    You can study posts/threads of the forum, go deeper in coaching/formation/tactics and with a team of 4*-5* players can beat him
    - maybe not to win every game of your league, but at least him
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 05-12-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    Gert Funck and pcmacdaniel like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I am fairly confident I should get second even after only 6 games in. I have a good 22 man squad. I suppose getting into the champions league and doing an arsenal will be grand. I do read the tactics pages they are very helpful.

The only problem is I feel next season that my squad will need a major overhaul if I do reach level 3. If there are more teams there like the top guys team I have no hope!
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Dreamer
    I have not spent any money on this game and have won quite many 1st place trophies, and taken down plenty of money teams along the way to do it.

Just because they have money, doesn't mean the will always win, just ask the Knicks.

Getting the right players and good managing will beat out 6 star players in the long run.

Addicted

Not all teams are paid for. They may have just got lucky in transfers. As an example, last season my team was pretty much a 6* team, bar a couple of players. All of them were brought with 1T and I farmed tokens to use when necessary.

Now, due to lack of real activity in the transfer market, my team is all 5* players and is likely a good amount will not get to 6* unless I try to power train.
    pcmacdaniel and Gert Funck like this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Dreamer
    In my case, my team depends on a couple factors:

1: How many players do I want to keep from the previous season? I will keep all my players that perform well even if they are 3-4 stars

2: How many fast training Nordgens was I able to get early in the season? If i grab a bunch of them, I'll have lots of 6 stars quickly.

So if there is a lot of case 2 and not case 1, then I look like a scout team, even tho I've only bought 1 scout in 12 seasons. I've gotten some 7 star before via power training.
    Which goes back to my previous point, quality managing will beat the ones that just throw money at the game in the long run.

The scary ones are the ones that spend lots of money AND know what they are doing, luckily there aren't too many of those, at least I haven't seen that many.

Famous

Somewhat!

The league at early levels, is a joke in most cases with most teams being managed by inactive managers. Most active managers will beat these teams easily, regardless of whether or not they buy tokens. The champions league will also consist of several abandoned teams (especially levels 2-4) and in most cases you won't face a quality team before the QTR-finals until you outlevel the onslaught of abandoned teams! For me, I didn't face a 5* team before the QTR's until level 8.

Because so many teams are so bad at early level, it might be a little inequitable. However, once you outlevel all the inactive managers, lets just say buying a couple hundred tokens really won't give a team that much of an advantage.

Also, the financial dynamics of the game makes it more difficult to compete with token buyers at lower levels. The Cup and Champions League generate the most revenue and at level 2, you have no previous CL revenue and most likely mr. bot robot got you eliminated from the cup before you took over a team. W/O revenue from such competitions, managers can't afford multiple 5 star players. Given time, free players can generate the funds to afford several higher quality players.

Should there be leagues where players have "money leagues" only so the rest of the players playing without spending real money will have a fair league?[/

As Gert mentioned above, this game is a business and exists to make money for nordeus. Not granting token buyers the option to compete with non-token buyers really wouldn't be a very good business model.

This game also provides plenty of avenues for free players to be competitive with token buyers. Token farming by watching videos, filling out survey's etc... Tanking is another means. This game also frequently groups managers who are T11 friends with other managers into league with each other. So by adding such managers, it'll help you avoid token buyers in your tournament draws.

Don't let the token buyers scare you either! I can't speak for all managers but on my server most the token buyers don't really know what they're doing. There is one team on my server at my level (level 12), that has a full scout list starting 11 and hasn't won the champions league yet. There are multiple factors that affect performance beyond just player quality. If the token buyer doesn't understand these (counter-formations, form, etc...), they're setting themselves up for disappointment.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-11-2015 at 09:10 PM.

I think we could have something like in US Baseball where they have a steroid home and & non steroid home run list.
    So token buyers vs non token buyers.
    As is regularly said this game is designed to make a profit so we need T buyers unfortunately.
    I spent ~ $30 U.S. I S1 & S2 when I didn't know any better (got a treble) but haven't bought for combined 40 seasons now.
    When you see a T buyer you can tell and coming 2nd to them in league is the best you can hope for. Just don't ever friend them.
    3 Teams - mid 40's, 40 & 40.
    Aims
    1. CL position every team, every season
    2. Assn in Gold 1 or Platinum

Rookie
    i cant read all this but my answer is simple i didn't spend real money and i didn't farm token maybe 2-4 per season but i could compete

level 10 team

Financial Doping - "real money" players.-lv10.png

level 9 team

Financial Doping - "real money" players.-lv9.png

level 7 team

Financial Doping - "real money" players.-lv7.png

i will add my strength was long term players
    Last edited by Abu Latifa; 05-12-2015 at 07:57 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast