Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Token buyers

In some countries you can farm literally thousands of tokens. We have a Croatian in here who has done that. In the US you cannot do that. At best I can farm like 10-20 every couple days from videos. The surveys do not work at all, they are just scams to get you to do pay offers (I have tried dozens from every provider and not got 1 token). Then there are some good offers for free trials you have to cancel before getting charged and then some for insurance quotes that you can only do once.

As that is the case I don't have the option to just farm thousands and train as I please. I am a token buyer but not on the scale of many others. I buy around 500T per season.

That allows me to have just over a 6* total avg quality with a full team of fast trainers. My starting 11 is usually around a 7* avg.

There are some who have full teams of 9* players. Which for me would take several hundred USD per season. No game is worth that. I am only lvl 5 and am still winning a lot. I also can farm about 25 packs (combined and regardless of color) per day from videos on android and a few more from facebook. Token videos are on the top 11 site. So to maximize I need to switch between all 3 platforms every day.

If it gets to where I cannot win trophies at higher lvls without spending more I will walk away. I won't spend more money.

I understand that this is a for profit game and that is fine, but these kinds of games are overly greedy. They charge more than the subscription games and platform games by a mile and have nowhere near the overhead. Graphics are almost null, they can't be bothered to make the GK have different attributes much less defenders vs attackers.

It's not like they need the players paying hundreds per month to offset the free players. There isn't the overhead to pay for. It is barely above the quality of the old completely free to play games.

Farming for tokens in the UK has got harder recently, but its still possible occasionally to farm up to 50 a day (Although its only worked for the past 4/5 days and then it was broken for the two weeks before that).

I've over 14,000 Tokens, having never bought any (apart from using one of the offers when opening up my betting account - but as I wanted to open a betting account with that company anyway, it seemed wise to go via an offer than not)

Farming is very hard here in Canada. I was ecstatic when a survey got me 37 tokens. Many offers do not work. It feels like Nordeus forces players in some markets to buy tokens to be competitive every season. Not that my team is doing badly, but y'know... I had to be opportunistic on the transfer market to make good purchases without overspending.
    Last edited by mmunger; 05-18-2015 at 12:15 AM.
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

It seems backward to me. You would figure that football crazy markets like the UK would make it harder to get free tokens as more are likely to pay for them while you want to build a base in a country like the US or Canada where sporting competition puts football well down the popularity list......

My guess is that there are just more companies in those markets who are targeting football fans and thus more offers.

I have wanted to leave this bat $#!+ crazy country for most of my life and would give my left testicle to get my family into the UK or anywhere in western Europe for that matter. Having said that it isn't the fault of most of the US people. They were intentionally brainwashed from very young and really don't know better.

But the result is that it is an evil oligarchy run by morons who are bent on burning it to the ground in their effort to own everything.

It's sad that it is easier for someone from Bulgaria to get there than someone from the country that is largely responsible for the continued existence of democracy in your continent. It was a different country then but still. Several of my family members help liberate it and two died trying but because my father was called back from Germany by the Army while my mom was 2 weeks from not being able to fly while pregnant with me I was born in the US and am FU&$ed.
    Last edited by David Grizzle; 05-18-2015 at 05:47 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    Farming for tokens in the UK has got harder recently, but its still possible occasionally to farm up to 50 a day (Although its only worked for the past 4/5 days and then it was broken for the two weeks before that).

I've over 14,000 Tokens, having never bought any (apart from using one of the offers when opening up my betting account - but as I wanted to open a betting account with that company anyway, it seemed wise to go via an offer than not)
    If you have 14.000 Tokens, then you have to pay envy tax to me, that is only 15% or 2100 Tokens

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

I buy tokens routinely, not many but most months unless I haven't used the ones I had.

My rule however - and it has been the same for many mmorpgs/freemiums over the years - is that I never spend more in a month than I'd spend on a pizza delivery.

I have 11 Tokens atm >.<

PS. I do 'waste' them on player renaming and silly experiments, but since it entertains me its not a waste....to me.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    PS. I do 'waste' them on player renaming and silly experiments, but since it entertains me its not a waste....to me.
    I've been meaning to try that at one point to see if people really are that gullible. Two players in the same position at the same age and the same quality, but change one of the names to see if the 'real player' sells for more over the other.
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I've been meaning to try that at one point to see if people really are that gullible. Two players in the same position at the same age and the same quality, but change one of the names to see if the 'real player' sells for more over the other.
    yes, I can assure you that it's still working at lv12
    lol

I also change the names of my players but as Buff, I 'm not doing it for selling my players.
    Anyway, I don't think that many managers know who are Alan Hansen or Steve Nicol (of Buffs) or mine Garincha & Djalma Santos
    Buffs Mad and Bluebird Hewitt like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    yes, I can assure you that it's still working at lv12
    lol

I also change the names of my players but as Buff, I 'm not doing it for selling my players.
    Anyway, I don't think that many managers know who are Alan Hansen or Steve Nicol (of Buffs) or mine Garincha & Djalma Santos
    ok Corny warning I have pulled a Gianluca Vialli on my team, to show them the way. I guess not many knows this player!
    Token buyers-gfk.png

Last edited by Gert Funck; 05-18-2015 at 08:54 PM.
    Gabez Teh likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    And judging from the questions on here in the past, I don't think many managers know who Jose Mourinho is either (not aimed at anyone in particular).

On topic, I don't buy tokens directly, though I did get a fair amount by completing one of the offers for sport betting, so you could consider that as buying I guess, though it doesn't go on scout buying.
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast