Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By talisman
  • 1 Post By David Grizzle

Thread: Paying for 5 good seasons

Rookie

Paying for 5 good seasons

Well I guess I am paying for several excellent seasons. For some reason this season I cant get from together. I am the only 5 star team in the league, the rest are 3 & 4, couple of 2's also. I think about 7 games to go and I am sitting 6th, 11 points behind the 3 star leader....!! Although with the right result I could jump to 2nd.
    But it doesnt matter formation, tactics, etc....I wont be winning the league, mebbies the CL, into the semi, so we'll see....I guess just have to deal with the pre-programmed nonsense this season....!

This 'could' be such a good game if they gave a ****....!
    Season 21
    League winners: Season 2,3,4,5,7,8,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19
    League runner-up: Season 6,9,10,
    Season 13-5th!, 20-4th!
    Champions league: Season 3-3rd,4-3rd,12-1st,14-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd,17-1st,19-3rd,20-2nd
    Cup: Season 6-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd

This happens... a few seasons ago I was, on paper, the second best team in the league, but just couldn't get the results in the league and finished 8th. The same squad played in Champions League and Cup and got through to the final of each, winning the CL. Sometimes you just gotta take the rough, bear it and try again next season.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Wow......I am only at lvl 5 and I have 10 teams in my league with 5* and up quality. The only season I had a league that weak was season 1. I had a near 7* team in season 2 that I narrowly lost to.

Seasons 3/4 I had between 3-6 other teams of 5* quality.

For the veteran players is it more common to find teams of that quality at higher lvls? Is my luck crap? Or is it your friend list that keeps so many 3-4* teams in your league.

I know that this season my draw is the fault of my friend list as all 10 are from my friend list. But in the past I have never had more than 1-2 in my league from friend list and a couple of them were weaker. Season 5 it seems like it got all the good teams from my list. All 10 were in the CL and 3 of them won't even promote now. Not because of tanking, but because the league is so tough.

I am still gonna win the league barring a massive shock. I've dropped 5 points through 19 rounds and would have to drop at least 5 more over the last 7 to not win the league. I am a 6* avg but only 1 of my 11 starters is below 7*. I will get him there by seasons end.....
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure it's Friends then Q on League draws, with the emphasis on Friends. Most of my leagues have had within a couple stars q range.

I have had seasons where nothing seemed to work, so just keep trying. Look for the bad form guys and play someone else...
    I also think when playing weaker teams it's better to give your lower Q guys a chance to play.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's odd because I have until this season had very few friends in my leagues.

In season 2 I had none but there were 8 teams (including mine) who were between a 5.25* avg and 6* avg and the other 6 were all 2* avg teams. It was the strangest thing. The bottom 6 were absolutely terrible. Every single one would have been the worst team in my 1st season league.

They were all 6 between 10.5 and 11.6 avg Q. In the first season the worst team I saw in either competition was like 12.5 Q........ I was and still am stunned at how lopsided it was. It was like a poor mans La Liga lol.

I couldn't understand how a team with less than 11Q could even get into the 2nd level. At level 2 you couldn't even buy a player that bad. They were not all bots either. Several of them were attending matches sometimes or making tactical changes.....
    Last edited by David Grizzle; 05-24-2015 at 01:27 AM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    This happens... a few seasons ago I was, on paper, the second best team in the league, but just couldn't get the results in the league and finished 8th. The same squad played in Champions League and Cup and got through to the final of each, winning the CL. Sometimes you just gotta take the rough, bear it and try again next season.
    Well funny you should say that 'cause, I was knocked out of the cup at quarters, which I consider pretty good....lol And ahm 1 win/draw away from CL final....

I have moved up since I posted this thread, currently sitting 4th now, its still mathematically possible to win the league, but ahm not holding my breath. I have lost 6 games this season , in the league. I canny mind if I have ever done that. The last 4 seasons I lost ONE game in league play, the loss didn't matter as I had already won.

But, oh well, live to fight another day, right....
    Season 21
    League winners: Season 2,3,4,5,7,8,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19
    League runner-up: Season 6,9,10,
    Season 13-5th!, 20-4th!
    Champions league: Season 3-3rd,4-3rd,12-1st,14-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd,17-1st,19-3rd,20-2nd
    Cup: Season 6-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd

Dreamer
    Last season I almost won the triple, this season I got crushed in Cup and CL, and will be lucky to get 2nd in League.
    Did I suddenly forget how to play? No...

Just this season my strategy didn't work because a couple key players I was really counting on failed. 2 defenders I was counting on didn't do what I hoped, and I never got anything useful to replace them until recently, but it's of course too late to salvage much other than a CL birth next season.