Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By BridgeGoth
  • 2 Post By Amane Ito

Thread: Arrows

Arrows

Can someone please help explain to me the significance of arrows while making formations? What does the forward arrow signify? What does the backward arrow signify? What does it mean when a player has no arrow on him? What positions are best suited to which arrows?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Laftan Anla likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Thanks

Dreamer
    I use arrows if I want certain players to attack or defend more than normal.

One of my favorite formations is a 451V with up arrows on my AMR/AML, this seems to get them a lot of goals.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    I use arrows if I want certain players to attack or defend more than normal.

One of my favorite formations is a 451V with up arrows on my AMR/AML, this seems to get them a lot of goals.
    Which orders you using with 451V?

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAdix View Post
    Which orders you using with 451V?
    Attack down the flanks, other orders really depends on my team and the opponent.

Dreamer
    I believe the only thing the arrows do is moving their centre of influence. Putting up arrows on attacking midfielders make them matched with the opponent's defenders instead of central midfielders.

Likewise, putting down arrows on your defenders makes them marking the opponent's STs more tightly but makes it more open to midfield runs and long shots.

If you use zonal marking, the arrows and the positions of the players make great impact to the game, if done incorrectly you may have a critical flaw laying on your formation that leave you open to attacks (a backfield flaw) or counterattacks (a frontfield flaw). Usually, a high scoring result was caused by these flaws which could be eliminated with proper player selection and placements.

If man-to-man marking is used, the arrows don't make much difference.