Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison

Thread: Why must strikers have to have the defending stat and why does a defender have it too

Why must strikers have to have the defending stat and why does a defender have it too

Why must a striker defend and a defender have to attack..? It shouldn't even contribute to that specific position...

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    You can have up to a 20 point gap.

Go ahead and try that and see how well your guys do.

Here's a breakdown of the attributes:

Defence

Defence determines the player's defensive attributes.

• Tackling – Determines how well a player is capable of executing a successful tackle on an opponent without committing a foul or injury.
    • Marking – Determines how well a player can mark an opponent and how well he can use zonal marking.
    • Positioning – Determines how well a player positions himself to deal with attacking threats.
    • Heading – Determines how well a player is capable of heading the ball towards his target.
    • Handling – Determines how well a player is able to keep the ball when tackled.

Attack

Attack determines the player's offensive attributes.

• Passing – Determines how accurately a player can pass the ball.
    • Dribbling – Determines how well a player can control the ball when running with it.
    • Crossing – Determines how well a player is capable of placing a well-aimed cross at the right time.
    • Shooting - Determines how well a player is capable of placing a strong, good shot.
    • Finishing – Determines how well a player is capable of reacting quickly and adapting to any offensive situation.

Physical & Mental

Physical & Mental determine your player's supplemental attributes.

• Fitness – Determines how hard your player can exert himself on the pitch.
    • Strength – Determines how well a player is able to exert his physical force onto an opponent in order to hold them off, win tackles and aerial balls, etc.
    • Aggression – Determines how much a player asserts himself on the pitch. Does not necessarily raise the chance of fouls or injuries.
    • Speed - Determines the player's speed on the pitch. A player moves faster without a ball than with it.
    • Creativity – Determines how many opportunities a player will find to use his other abilities.
    Gert Funck and cookizzz like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

With Heading being a defensive attribute I like to keep the 'Defence' up near the 'Attack' rating - Strikers don't always score with their feet...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

It depends if you want a Drogba type player who can head the ball and a battering ram this would work best using long ball tactics, Or a poacher type player like Raul for Real Madrid in this heyday who was a goal poacher.

Make sure your players' skills are as balanced as possible. That makes a team as strong as possible on both ends of the pitch.

A striker can help the defence and win the ball back for the counter. A central defender can feed the ball to the attack and provide assists.

At the other end of the spectrum, a defender whose attacking skills are not up to par may be unable to build from the back. A striker with low defensive skills may make bad tackles and concede free kicks. You don't want that.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Rookie
    the 20 point gap would now explain why I can't inc my def abilities (I haven't been able since I won at auction)

Def: 41.4
    Att: 21.4
    Phy & Men: 25.8

For level 3 his Defense is outstanding... but the other attributes are keeping him at 4 stars although he'd training hard!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    You can have up to a 20 point gap.

Go ahead and try that and see how well your guys do.

Here's a breakdown of the attributes:

Defence

Defence determines the player's defensive attributes.

• Tackling – Determines how well a player is capable of executing a successful tackle on an opponent without committing a foul or injury.
    • Marking – Determines how well a player can mark an opponent and how well he can use zonal marking.
    • Positioning – Determines how well a player positions himself to deal with attacking threats.
    • Heading – Determines how well a player is capable of heading the ball towards his target.
    • Handling – Determines how well a player is able to keep the ball when tackled.

Attack

Attack determines the player's offensive attributes.

• Passing – Determines how accurately a player can pass the ball.
    • Dribbling – Determines how well a player can control the ball when running with it.
    • Crossing – Determines how well a player is capable of placing a well-aimed cross at the right time.
    • Shooting - Determines how well a player is capable of placing a strong, good shot.
    • Finishing – Determines how well a player is capable of reacting quickly and adapting to any offensive situation.

Physical & Mental

Physical & Mental determine your player's supplemental attributes.

• Fitness – Determines how hard your player can exert himself on the pitch.
    • Strength – Determines how well a player is able to exert his physical force onto an opponent in order to hold them off, win tackles and aerial balls, etc.
    • Aggression – Determines how much a player asserts himself on the pitch. Does not necessarily raise the chance of fouls or injuries.
    • Speed - Determines the player's speed on the pitch. A player moves faster without a ball than with it.
    • Creativity – Determines how many opportunities a player will find to use his other abilities.
    Could an experienced player talk about a Goalkeeper - I've seen players focus on defense and physical skills for goalkeepers. Is this the best strategy? I'm finally training my first fast trainer goalkeeper and looking for guidance. Thank you!
    Breached Protocol - look hard enough and you'll find one, somewhere, everywhere
    Season: 17. Level: 16.
    Competitions won: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. Runner-up: 4
    Champions League won: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 16. Third: 15
    Cups won: 2 [Level 3], 4 [L6], 10 [L13], 14 [L17], 16[L19]. Runner-up: 7 [L9], 11 [L14], 15[L18]. Third: 6 [L8].
    TRIPLE CROWNS: 14, 16

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Why must strikers have to have the defending stat and why does a defender have it too-britten.jpgWhy must strikers have to have the defending stat and why does a defender have it too-britten-sk.jpg

Pretty much, yep D is most then Phys. That's how I normally aim, but I have also had one with even stats that did FK/PK successfully.
    Adam T. Brown likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Thank you!
    Breached Protocol - look hard enough and you'll find one, somewhere, everywhere
    Season: 17. Level: 16.
    Competitions won: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. Runner-up: 4
    Champions League won: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 16. Third: 15
    Cups won: 2 [Level 3], 4 [L6], 10 [L13], 14 [L17], 16[L19]. Runner-up: 7 [L9], 11 [L14], 15[L18]. Third: 6 [L8].
    TRIPLE CROWNS: 14, 16