Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Question about the "top of a server".

Question Question about the "top of a server".

What exactly does it mean?? How can I avoid being there??
    They put me often in CL where there are teams 1 level higher and I'm sick of this.

In cups I have found a method to avoid higher teams (by lowering my team quality), but in CL doesn't work.
    Help please.

(I also want to report this to nordeus, but the support page doesn't have an option. They should put bots where there are not enough teams in a CL. Why is so difficult to do that??)
    Buffs Mad likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    What level are you?

They avoid bots whenever possible.

If you hold points they will be counted, super high Q team will be pulled next level up if the draw is uneven.

To avoid top
    > Tank every so often
    >Take over a lower level team.

If the category doesnt match you can just keep saying no on any and write in what you want.
    Or goto Nordeus Support
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top of the server means the highest league level teams on your server.

CL draw is, in part, a numbers game so if there are not enough teams of same level teams (multiples of 32) someone gets pulled up into it. Can happen at any level but most likely towards the top. Same can happen in leagues.

Adding bot teams seems sensible but can bring additional problems unless they are specifically to fill a CL gap then disappear completely. Not so easy for leagues unless it was managed. Ofc "beaten by a NordGen Bot! Rigged!" might appear here more.

Another option would be just to give a bye or walkovers if not too many gaps - with appropriate rewards ofc re cash etc to compensate.

I'm level 38.
    (I don't know the number of my server, if you ask.)

Ok, I have questions now.

What do you mean "if you hold points"??
    Before the season ends, I lower my team quality. It works with cups but not with CLs.

Tank means to stay on the same level?? (I don't like that though :P )

Tell me if I got it right. Due to my high level (38), I'm near the top of my server??
    So, the probability that I will be pulled up is high??

Last question. What does it mean "give a bye or walkovers if not too many gaps"??

Thanx
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Yes, you are likely near top, so not a lot to do. If not tank (not promote intentionally), Take Over will move you to lower level.

When I say hold points I mean not assigned.

think Buffs can explain byes to someone with english as second language, I can't...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bye_(sports)

Last edited by Cat Harrison; 06-13-2015 at 01:58 PM.
    Buffs Mad and Gert Funck like this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok, I got it.

I submitted a request in that page, even though I know they usually don't listen to us.

Just for curiosity...
    when you go to the support page (homepage) and you click "share your idea with us", what does it say next??
    It says to me "access denied".
    Long time ago I could get in there and see lots of ideas with a voting system, but now it says that.
    I would like to know if it's me or it's a general denied access.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexinho View Post
    I'm level 38.
    (I don't know the number of my server, if you ask.)

Ok, I have questions now.

What do you mean "if you hold points"??
    Before the season ends, I lower my team quality. It works with cups but not with CLs.
    Yeah that works because its quality driven so lowering your quailty keeps your Cup level down - but makes you the scary higher level team for the other teams in your Cup. Leagues and CL are Level driven in the first instance and the teams that get 'pulled up' don't seem to be the higher Q teams for the level.
    Tank means to stay on the same level?? (I don't like that though :P )
    Yes, its to ensure that more teams getting promoted to your level helps keep the numbers up and means there are more teams/levels above you. Won't fix it but it might help lessen it.
    Tell me if I got it right. Due to my high level (38), I'm near the top of my server??
    So, the probability that I will be pulled up is high??
    Your probably close or at least close enough to make the number of teams/population a contributory factor.

Last question. What does it mean "give a bye or walkovers if not too many gaps"??
    A walkover is what happens if your league opponent can't play a match because they don't have sufficient players and in the context of the CL my suggestion is that if there are not enough teams then walkovers are awarded against the 'missing team' i the group or a 'bye' is awarded in a knockout phase. eg in an extreme example if there are only 15 teams available then all the teams get a bye to the knockout phase and 1 team has no opponent so gets a 'bye' to the next round.

Ofc bot teams in the CL would fix this but if they are too competitive that might be unfair. And if they are used as fillers for the league then this could result in the Top of the Server team promotng each season and playing only bots unless they tanked.
    Thanx
    There's not one easy solution imo. Another one was to pull higher level teams from different servers together to keep the numbers up in one place (which I thought might work better) but I think they tried something like that and it was a fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexinho View Post
    Ok, I got it.

I submitted a request in that page, even though I know they usually don't listen to us.

Just for curiosity...
    when you go to the support page (homepage) and you click "share your idea with us", what does it say next??
    It says to me "access denied".
    Long time ago I could get in there and see lots of ideas with a voting system, but now it says that.
    I would like to know if it's me or it's a general denied access.

There is new support page, Top Eleven Help Center - Home | TopEleven Support, so it is possible they no longer use that part?
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think bots is the best idea, but not hard bots.
    4 stars players would be the ideal.
    Thanx again for the help.

I think bots aren't the way to go.

I'd be looking at doing something where severs start to merge after a certain level, to keep natural promotion going for as long as possible.

Say for example if we have 5 servers that end at around level 40, instead of trying to create a level 41 league across those 5 servers, it would be better to move all the promoted teams from that level into the same server, swapping them across with other teams from other servers to make up the difference.

Eventually we will get to the point where someone somewhere will be at the top of the server and they can't promote further as there are simply no more than the 14/28 teams needed at that level, at which point they will have to wait until teams from the level below it catch up.
    Cat Harrison and Buffs Mad like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast