Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New season - no cash

New season - no cash

Hi, I took over a team mid season, mid table. Aim for S1 is to finish top 7 as there is a big gap for champ league spots.

My current team is mainly 4 stars / 3 stars. What should the plan be for S2? If I go up, most of the players will be useless and I only have < 400k in the bank. Stadium upgrade will be complete after season ends.

What should the plan of attack be for getting off to a flyer next season assuming I finish top 7?

Quote Originally Posted by henky View Post
    Hi, I took over a team mid season, mid table. Aim for S1 is to finish top 7 as there is a big gap for champ league spots.

My current team is mainly 4 stars / 3 stars. What should the plan be for S2? If I go up, most of the players will be useless and I only have < 400k in the bank. Stadium upgrade will be complete after season ends.

What should the plan of attack be for getting off to a flyer next season assuming I finish top 7?
    You get 600K sponsorship and also you get 400K or whatever prize money from L1, and if you get put into a high level cup you will get a big windfall at the beginning of next season, the plan though early in the game is to buy older 5* players that do the job of getting you through the early levels of the game.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

3 star overall easily finish top 7 because the system will put you in less competitive leaguea

Yeah, think will buy some older players with skill and maybe PT one or two younger players.

19.2 average with a team left on autopilot for the season won the league by 18 points.

Thats how easy L2 is.

Buy 5★ 29-33 year old players and free agents with sponsors money. Focus on CL & cup. Next season will be better.
    Last edited by FC Barcelona; 03-05-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    - My Jersey designs : First | Second | Third -

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    19.2 average with a team left on autopilot for the season won the league by 18 points.

Thats how easy L2 is.
    Depends on which L2 league you play in. On February, 23th, I thought about bidding for a free transfer, made a bid in the initial round and checked in the 1st knockout the other bidders. When I saw this profile I quit the bid:
    New season - no cash-intermilano1.jpg

But this team cought my interest, so I checked his stadium:
    New season - no cash-intermilano2.jpg

Totally stunned, I checked the rest of the profile ... and lets see, nobody is perfect:
    New season - no cash-intermilano3.jpg

Btt.: If you don't have a high budget, buying older players at the start of next season is a good tip. Personally I would not sign >30, but between 27-29 years old 5* as a low budget player. The reason is that these players still have a small development and you can field some of them also in the next season. Background: Try to manage to go into a new season with a working starting 11, since on day 1 and 2 you have cup matches, but at the first day of the new season the transfer market will be hell. Everyone has fresh money and the big token spenders show what they have. Avoid bidding wars there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    Depends on which L2 league you play in. On February, 23th, I thought about bidding for a free transfer, made a bid in the initial round and checked in the 1st knockout the other bidders. When I saw this profile I quit the bid:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InterMilano1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	2891

Name:	InterMilano2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	2892

Totally stunned, I checked the rest of the profile ... and lets see, nobody is perfect:

Name:	InterMilano3.jpg 
Views:	34 
ID:	2893

Token buyer
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post

Name:	InterMilano1.jpg 
Views:	39 
ID:	2891

Name:	InterMilano2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	2892

Name:	InterMilano3.jpg 
Views:	34 
ID:	2893

Well thats the exception, If you happen to run into a heavy token/scout buyer otherwise quality of 19.2 would normally win you L2. I did this 2 months ago on a 'test' secondry account, I won L2 with my main team mostly 4*/ 5* squad but did have an opponent with a similar quality to me that season and only won the league by 3 points and the only thing that went against me that season was a 2-0 loss in the CL final against a team with a quality you had shown me in those photos.

Another example of a decent quality team coming up against a token/scout buyer is Newark City having to compete with RONPEST if you have been reading the how are you doing thread.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 03-05-2013 at 09:43 PM.
    Chris Rath likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast