Thread: Two teams from the same league in the cup final??

Two teams from the same league in the cup final??

Are two teams from the same league who are also friends allowed to be in the cup final against each other. I ask because my team has made the final but my friend's team has just lost both legs of their semi final against a much inferior team from a lower level.

I understand the unpredictable nature of football and that this is factored in but this result was ludicrous. I can only assume that this was preordained to stop us playing each other in the final.

Oh yah! read the rules of the cup, it clearly says "no friends are allowed to play in final because they already prioritized to be in the same league.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieG View Post
    Are two teams from the same league who are also friends allowed to be in the cup final against each other. I ask because my team has made the final but my friend's team has just lost both legs of their semi final against a much inferior team from a lower level.

I understand the unpredictable nature of football and that this is factored in but this result was ludicrous. I can only assume that this was preordained to stop us playing each other in the final.
    they can be not only in cup final but and in cl final and league of course.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

I am in the cup final against a friend club for the second time, First time was back in L11 when he was L14 and we lost 0-4, This time is the second time I'm L15 and now he is L17, now our clubs are now seeded 1 and 2 in the competiton, so I'm sure when I get to his level, which could be very soon because he is likely to remain at L17 again for next season (he doesn't buy tokens plus hes only semi-active) and that will reduce our level difference to just 1 level, I'm pretty sure once we play in the same league level we will end up playing in the final of the cup against each other because from now we are going to be seeded 1 and 2 for quite some time.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

When I was level 3, I palyed against a team from my league in the CL final.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

The thing is me and my friend are 1st and 2nd in the same league so is this why my friends team lost to such an inferior team, to stop us playing in the cup final?

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieG View Post
    The thing is me and my friend are 1st and 2nd in the same league so is this why my friends team lost to such an inferior team, to stop us playing in the cup final?
    My expected Semi-Final cup opponent lost to an inferior team in the quarter-finals this season.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

its allowed and possible lol
    Tarantini Master

Season 1: 1st place.
    Season 2: 3rd place and 2nd on CL.

Season 3: Currently at 2nd place, 22/30 points.