Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By HoofDaddy
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 3 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Rotation policy?

Rotation policy?

Hi everyone,

Here is a question for the more experienced players.

I have been building my team for a 4-4-2 formation (showcase in my signature) with the goal of having guys who can start any game, with a good rotation. Now, my team seems to be inconsistent. It will have a good run of form, then be unable to win some key games, especially in the league.

I identified a couple of guys (one DL, one MC) who just can't seem to perform at the level I want and they are on their way out. They are on auction and there are managers who made offers already.

Given that we often have two games per day, how do you rotate your guys? How frequently do you rest your starters?

I am thinking about shrinking the squad a bit and managing my rotation differently, asking more from players who perform better.

For instance, I use two MCs. I used to have four of them in squad, swapping them when I have a league and Cup/CL game on the same day.

I am thinking about having three of them and rotating one out for each game, using health packs to keep them fit.

Does that make sense to you?
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Famous
    Even though I like rotating my players to help maintaining fitness of players before matches, I agree that some players should play more.

I used to replace large part of my team (say, 8 to10) in second match on the same day. Recently, I realize the importance of consistent players, and believe that they should be relied more on in order to achieve team successes. So now I assign some consistent players as key players, and usually use them as well as good form players in both matches on same season day.

Quote Originally Posted by mmunger View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been building my team for a 4-4-2 formation (showcase in my signature) with the goal of having guys who can start any game, with a good rotation. Now, my team seems to be inconsistent. It will have a good run of form, then be unable to win some key games, especially in the league.

I identified a couple of guys (one DL, one MC) who just can't seem to perform at the level I want and they are on their way out. They are on auction and there are managers who made offers already.

Given that we often have two games per day, how do you rotate your guys? How frequently do you rest your starters?

I am thinking about shrinking the squad a bit and managing my rotation differently, asking more from players who perform better.

For instance, I use two MCs. I used to have four of them in squad, swapping them when I have a league and Cup/CL game on the same day.

I am thinking about having three of them and rotating one out for each game, using health packs to keep them fit.

If you have green packs to spare, sure go ahead and shorten your squad. Otherwise, have a large squad and rotate.

2 GK
    1DC/DL
    1DC/DR/DMR
    4DC/DMCs
    2 MCs
    1 AMC
    1 ML 1 MR
    3 ST/AML/AMR

Allows me a variety of formations and unless a really bad run hits, gives me no worries from injuries. You can use nearly all formations without OOP with this 15.

When I'm fighting in all 3 competitions, max squad is a must and i tend to use the lessers in 2nd leg cup matches i'm already up by an extreme amount, meaningless CH.league matches or league matches vs the bottom 5.

As to your question, whether to keep 4 mcs depends on your usual formation. If you are usually playing a 3-5-2 Flat for instance, i would keep 4. If you have aging players, and up and comers of the same Q rating, play the oldies and train the youngsters. Personally, I have had to sell players that picked up a crucial card ban at an inopportune time so keeping 4, seeing how midfielders get more cards than average, would likely be a good idea, especially if you are still in cup and CL.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Small squads can drain green packs but reds are the most difficult aspect.

My situation is a bit more extreme atm than usual but I have 4 playable subs (I'd usually have at least 6). I'm currently running with 1 GK, 6 DCs (4 with DL/DR and 2 with DMC), 3 MCs, 3 AM*/M* wingers and 2 STs.

I don't find it difficult to leave players out when necessary or change formations but a rush on injuries can be a big problem.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    For me a big roster is good
    - (Maybe) can prevent a bad form for the players who have too many consecutive games.
    - Same for the injuries.
    - Helps a lot when you ‘re playing in 2 or 3 competitions (as I do) for the bigger part of the season.
    Red/yellow cards of course is another reason.

-If you power train a player, better not use him in the games during training period (possible bad performance or injury).
    If a player is in bad form (and some time is more than one) , it’s easier to bench him.

-Even if you have the reds to heal an injured player, he must stay out of the games 1-2 more days because it’s possible to get injured again. (Injuries for me is the most important issue of t11, specially lately).
    Also you can save some reds from injuries of two-three days.
    -
    Some time, you have two games with 3 hours difference. So, if you have many players, you can save some greens and have fresh players for the second game.

-Maybe someone of the players you bought for your subs, could be the MVP of the season (out of nowhere) .

There is no need to buy expensive players for rotation. Just some 5* veterans.
    Avoid to go for bidding war for them (so don’t go for players with sa) and try to find older players 28-30 y.o. with Q_3 or Q_4 (not that a Q68 player is much better than a Q65, but it’s easier to sell him in the end of the season or whenever you want).

The only reason not to have a full squad of 21 positions (I keep one for free agents or some special occasion) is when you have some low q players for “easier draw” purpose or if you haven’t enough money for the wages (mostly for higher level managers).
    Cat Harrison and Buffs Mad like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Q manipulation is not the only reason for using a small squad but initially it was a key reason for me - but I wouldn't call 19 useable players a small squad, its just not a 2x11 player full rotation squad. I still have 4 free places but choose not to use them because I want to see how I cope.

A small squad focusses more than any on performance, you can't carry underperforming players. The greens thing can be an issue but often rotation just allows greens to be used for extra training. Using them for match condition still gives sp for condition its just that you will therefore want your players to benefit more from sp gain than you would in a bigger squad.

Its a different challenge but it is a challenge. Large squad is easier.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by mmunger View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm in my third full season, level three manager. Each game improves my players greatly and each Man of the Match means an automatic skill point for my best player. I play my best players as much as possible to increase their ability as quickly as possible. Plus, I use friendly's to determine ability and consistency, not actual matches. I farm greens to speed train and to improve health in between games.
    Breached Protocol - look hard enough and you'll find one, somewhere, everywhere
    Season: 17. Level: 16.
    Competitions won: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. Runner-up: 4
    Champions League won: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 16. Third: 15
    Cups won: 2 [Level 3], 4 [L6], 10 [L13], 14 [L17], 16[L19]. Runner-up: 7 [L9], 11 [L14], 15[L18]. Third: 6 [L8].
    TRIPLE CROWNS: 14, 16