Thread: ST Question for Next Season

Rookie

ST Question for Next Season

I got lucky at the beginning of the season..

Got 2 ST both 5* for about 7 tokens.. They will be 32 and 31 for next season.

This season they've been outstanding together. 2 highest scorers in my league and joint 2nd in assists.

Now.... how will they be together next season?

I always like to try and have a 5* striker but is it always needed... do good partnerships continue?

Just wondering if I can invest money and tokens elsewhere?

Thanks

Famous
    Good partnerships can continue.

How will they be next season?

They'll lose a star, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll play worse. My players tend to have better form, the longer I keep them on my roster (granted, I usually maintain the quality of good performers).

How strong is your league? If it consists of many solid squads, the more confident i'd be in them playing well next season. If your league has like only 3 active/semi-active managers, then getting atop the goals/assists/ratings table, then it'll be additionally wise to take those stats with a grain of salt, due to lack of quality competition.

I'd still be targeting a striker. Since TE players retire young (32-34 yrs old), I'd get in front of the problem and acquire a ST (preferably a nordgen), once the transfer market dies down. However, if other positions are more pressing, then target those needs first.

Yeah never to late to think about the future. I would try to dump them to get something for them before they decide to retire but if they are productive it's a tough call.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by KoronaChelsea View Post
    I got lucky at the beginning of the season..

Got 2 ST both 5* for about 7 tokens.. They will be 32 and 31 for next season.

This season they've been outstanding together. 2 highest scorers in my league and joint 2nd in assists.

Now.... how will they be together next season?

I always like to try and have a 5* striker but is it always needed... do good partnerships continue?

Thanks
    You can keep them if you don't concern the cash. Many old players are very reliable according to my memories (but I don't keep any 30+ for more than 10 seasons.)

As they are old and improve very slowly, you should aware of the long term effect on keeping one or both of them.

If you want to replace them, I suggest replacing one by one. If possible, you let your new ST settling before selling replaced players. This can avoid sudden effect on team form.

When I was in low club level and matches were generally easy, I have concern to dramatically change the lineup. But now I will rely more on consistent players as league are tough. So I may also love this old players. But they are too old. I should gradually replace them.

I like investing on young players who develop quickly. I will have less pressure to replace players frequently. It is also good for financial return especially for low levels. I will search young players as far as the team can afford and competition on auction market is not severe.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    4* players can also perform good and help the team, but you can't expect much from a 4* team.
    I 've never met a 4* team in semi finals of a Cup or a CH.L. or winning the league, but it was teams which had some useful 4* players among the others.
    As I read your previous post about an injury and the lack of red packs, I insist not to buy a young, expensive, fast trainer. Without red & greens you can get the added value of such a player. So try to find again a good, 5*, 30 player. If he has some good previous stats, it's a good sign, but doesn't secure that he 'll continue playing good in your team too
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html