Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Special SKills

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Friendlies are nerfed/balanced. Best I can come up with is that the Q gap is limited somewhere around 5 or 10Q. There is little difference between playing a team 50Q lower and 1 10q down or one 10Q above you compared to one 50Q higher. The bigger results either way are normally due to abandoned teams or other imbalanced factors.
    Except for those against Mourinho FC. It seems that he always have some advantage.
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Except for those against Mourinho FC. It seems that he always have some advantage.
    Mourinho is NOT your friend
    Cat Harrison likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Mourinho cheats.

Ofc I was also trying to avoid a wall of text but one of the strange things about playing really high Q teams is that their defenders and strikers sometimes have that little bit extra and are more efficient. Mourinho cheats that way I think and his CK and FK guys usually take the pish.

But it also seems some Managers know better what makes Mourinho tick (unlike me) and can deal with him better.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Friendlies are nerfed/balanced. Best I can come up with is that the Q gap is limited somewhere around 5 or 10Q. There is little difference between playing a team 50Q lower and 1 10q down or one 10Q above you compared to one 50Q higher. The bigger results either way are normally due to abandoned teams or other imbalanced factors.
    I just tested your statement with my own two teams, and you seem to be spot on. This match up should be a total walk in the park and not the result. My reserves got the bully achievement, way to go I am so proud

Special SKills-buff.jpg

Special SKills-buff1.png

Special SKills-2015-07-27-18_08_01-start.jpg

so in that sense friendlies isn't worth much.

I agree with Tactician, that it seems as if Mourinho players has special skills, their scoring rate is way above their skill level and their agression abilty to cause injury is scaring (that's why I unfriended him)
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 07-27-2015 at 05:09 PM.
    nikolgiorgos and Cat Harrison like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post

so in that sense friendlies isn't worth much.
    If I do friendlies I've long since stopped looking at the score. I'm only interested in the flow of the game (in as much as I can tell). Limited value admittedly.

I had one friend who was having difficulties a long time ago and although he was a much higher level, repeated friendlies were useful to try to get things working right. Score didn't matter and was sometimes 9-0 or 2-1 (but I always lost) but he did get a new way of playing working. PS. I could get lots of shots and attacks but ultimately we were repelled.

I still swear by defensive SA's and the FK, CK, playmaker and dribbler. All have their place on certain players. My CK taker leads my club in assists-career and my FK taker led league in goals last season with over half of his league goals from FKs. They are more important than 3pts of quality imo.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    I still swear by defensive SA's and the FK, CK, playmaker and dribbler. All have their place on certain players. My CK taker leads my club in assists-career and my FK taker led league in goals last season with over half of his league goals from FKs. They are more important than 3pts of quality imo.
    On which type of player (DMC, MC, ML or MR) did you notice the playmaker ability to give the player a boost (for e.g, better ratings)?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I started early, in my lv2-3 to hunt or to give my players special abilities and usually my team is like this
    Special SKills-team-d11.jpg

Did I notice my team playing a lot better with those sa ?
    I 'm not sure. Then why I did that ? Because I could and I like that. It's a fun part of the game.
    As like friends supporting/ball possession. I don't know if and how affects the match process but it's nice and surely affects the psychology of the opponent.
    But if I "had" to declare, I would say it's like Emperor's new clothes
    Gert Funck and Cat Harrison like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I started early, in my lv2-3 to hunt or to give my players special abilities and usually my team is like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TEAM D11.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	50632

Did I notice my team playing a lot better with those sa ?
    I 'm not sure. Then why I did that ? Because I could and I like that. It's a fun part of the game.
    As like friends supporting/ball possession. I don't know if and how affects the match process but it's nice and surely affects the psychology of the opponent.
    But if I "had" to declare, I would say it's like Emperor's new clothes
    DL/DC with defensive wall.

By the way, my DL/DC has the potential to gain an additional position too. But, this would cost 100 skills points if I add both a special ability and a new position.

If I distribute 100 skills points to his attributes instead of the extra position and the special ability, he will probably be an 8 star player in the final week of this season. But then, I may switch him to playing in the centre area as I think extra quality in the centre is more helpful than on the sides for defense.

So, 8 stars or 6 stars, special ability and extra position; dilemma.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-28-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast